Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transform THIS!

Options
  • 06-10-2006 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so transformers have been everything from plantes to cassette tapes .. but what would you like to see transformed? Post images where possible.

Here are some I'd like to see:

P1010040a.jpg

ford-ka-f3q.jpg

bus.JPG

smart_car.png

20060222-smart-roadster.jpg

motor_bikee.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Oh and does anyone know if they already did one of these:

jet22_g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I had a bunch of little mini decepticons that turned into planes and one of them turned into a stealth bomber like that.

I think they were trying to cash in on micro machines which was getting popular at the time as they came with a little base that turned into a helicopter.

Ah.. here he is.. in the micromaster line

http://www.transformerland.com/show_parent_g12.php?action=get_parent&toyid=2526

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

6th wrote:
    Ok so transformers have been everything from plantes to cassette tapes .. but what would you like to see transformed? Post images where possible.

P1010040a.jpg

There's a Roadbots Hummer.

6th wrote:
    Oh and does anyone know if they already did one of these:

jet22_g.jpg

http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Renegades/Snoop/snoop.htm

How about something a little more retro?

Like this
    33676%20Model%20Covered%20Wagon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Now thats the sort of thing I was looking for!

btw anyone remember those transforming boulders?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

6th wrote:

motor_bikee.jpg
    Aw, poor, forgotten Scrounge
    I had a bunch of little mini decepticons that turned into planes and one of them turned into a stealth bomber like that.
    I think they were trying to cash in on micro machines which was getting popular at the time as they came with a little base that turned into a helicopter.
    Ah.. here he is.. in the micromaster line
    http://www.transformerland.com/show_...ent&toyid=2526
    I had these guys, one of whom I think is a bit closer to what you're looking for.

6th wrote:

They were Rocklords from the Go-bots toyline. They even had their own movie.

I was never a fan... I mean... how useless was turning into a rock?

Oh.. and how about an RV?
    sunruse.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

how useless was turning into a rock?
    About as useless as a salt shaker and a ride-on mower
    http://www.bandwidththeater.com/morethan.html

Remember this:

robocapers-088.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Ford Ka would make a good Bumblebee, IMO. Or maybe a Micra. I'd love a Micra Bumblebee. Micras always come in such horrid colours though, a Micro 'Bee would probably be lime yellow instead of golden yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

xanthor wrote:

Also the headmaster snapdragon

optimus.jpg

I sure as hell can't figure out how it's meant to Transform...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Rozie wrote:
    optimus.jpg

I sure as hell can't figure out how it's meant to Transform...
    It's simple. you just need to know what the concept of sliding is.
    Ironicaly the GeeWun fanboys who whine about the flames on Prime's truck mode don't seem to realise that they are what gives him his G1 style colour scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Lol @ Lamphead :D

Ironicaly the GeeWun fanboys who whine about the flames on Prime's truck mode don't seem to realise that they are what gives him his G1 style colour scheme.

Oh boy GEEWUNNERS! Let's make retarded names for people we don't really want to argue our case to.

Shut the **** up, seriously. There's nothing more flat facedly idiotic than complaining about fans who have a problem with their favourite property being alterred to the point of being almost unrecognisable. I've dealth with enough of this rubbish on other boards and was pretty happy this one was exempt from it.

Nearly all the "anti-geewun" arguments are pure filth spouted by people who act like they've actually seen a live action G1 movie, yet turn around and accuse the haters of hating a movie before it's released, when we've already seen the designs and scripts.

Geewun is nothing more than a nasty form of thought control being used by the likes of Don Murphy to shut up people that disagree with them. Negative labels are often used to do the same online - like "whiner" or "emo" especially. "Geewun" is no different - if you had an actual argument, you wouldn't have to rely on immature namecalling.

The truth is that if they had made the move far more G1, it probably would have pleased everyone. All of these "realism" arguments(you have read the script, right?) only seemed to appear after Don Murphy etc. started throwing them out, and many of them have been debunked several times but get reused anyway.
    The way the movie is going is only pleasing half it's target audience(fans and general public commenting on images online) at the absolute best, so they have chosen the worse path, no matter how good the end result is. This is the kind of **** that tends to happen with Hollywood. Would you defend Joel Schumacher too?

They wouldn't have needed flames if they hadn't made such a ridiculous transformation scheme to begin with. And a solid red body would have resembled Prime much better anyway.

Flames are not in character for Prime, who is a cool headed philosopher of a warrior, not a ****ing Hot Rod of a one. Anyone that argues otherwise is just plain delusional or doesn't remember the character at all. It's not really a matter of opinion when you can load up some G1 episodes on Youtube, or of any other TF series for that matter, and see that his personality entirely contradicts what his new paint scheme(Especially with that alt mode) would suggest. They could have used geometrical patterns or fades(Laser Rod) anyway.

Okay...

1. I can't believe that someone would actually make up a degortory term for some one who likes a certain type of a toy that they like.

2. I can't believe someone would be offended by it.

Lets all remember that these are just toys and cartoons and just a bit of fun and lets not take things so seriously, shall we?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

sorenson2.jpg

photocopier-xerox.jpg

lou_reed_art.jpg

A transformer for girls....
    100180_IRON-steam--ED-120.jpg

How about these:

514-Music-Pretenders.jpg

They could be that type of transformer that looks human on the outside but opens up to reveal a robot inside. What were they called again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Ah yes! The metallica range. They were cool!

Monkeyfudge, the reason I'm offended by it is that it's an idea that's tearing up the online community and being used to silence people that don't like the way the movie is going. Have you seen how Don Murphy treats the fanbase?

• Advertisement

Woah there Rozie, no offence was intended. Besides the word 'GeeWun' isn't derogatory. Infact it was the Generation 1 fans who invented it. Infact the word fanboy isn't derogatory either. It was invented by... yep, you guessed it comic book fans.
    I for one am merely waiting until I see the movie until I criticise/applaud it.
    And yes if you use your imagination you'll see the movie Optimus Prime can indeed transform quite easily (for more flames on an Optimus Prime check out G2 Battle Convoy). Megatron on the other hand looks alot more complicated.

Now back on the topic, I never thought I'd see the day a Transformer turned into a blimp until Scourge did just that in Hearts of Steel #4. Of course he didn't last long in battle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

Rozie wrote:
    Oh boy GEEWUNNERS! Let's make retarded names for people we don't really want to argue our case to.

Shut the **** up, seriously. There's nothing more flat facedly idiotic than complaining about fans who have a problem with their favourite property being alterred to the point of being almost unrecognisable. I've dealth with enough of this rubbish on other boards and was pretty happy this one was exempt from it.

Nearly all the "anti-geewun" arguments are pure filth spouted by people who act like they've actually seen a live action G1 movie, yet turn around and accuse the haters of hating a movie before it's released, when we've already seen the designs and scripts.

Geewun is nothing more than a nasty form of thought control being used by the likes of Don Murphy to shut up people that disagree with them. Negative labels are often used to do the same online - like "whiner" or "emo" especially. "Geewun" is no different - if you had an actual argument, you wouldn't have to rely on immature namecalling.

The truth is that if they had made the move far more G1, it probably would have pleased everyone. All of these "realism" arguments(you have read the script, right?) only seemed to appear after Don Murphy etc. started throwing them out, and many of them have been debunked several times but get reused anyway.
    The way the movie is going is only pleasing half it's target audience(fans and general public commenting on images online) at the absolute best, so they have chosen the worse path, no matter how good the end result is. This is the kind of **** that tends to happen with Hollywood. Would you defend Joel Schumacher too?

They wouldn't have needed flames if they hadn't made such a ridiculous transformation scheme to begin with. And a solid red body would have resembled Prime much better anyway.

Flames are not in character for Prime, who is a cool headed philosopher of a warrior, not a ****ing Hot Rod of a one. Anyone that argues otherwise is just plain delusional or doesn't remember the character at all. It's not really a matter of opinion when you can load up some G1 episodes on Youtube, or of any other TF series for that matter, and see that his personality entirely contradicts what his new paint scheme(Especially with that alt mode) would suggest. They could have used geometrical patterns or fades(Laser Rod) anyway.

Your right your ABSOLUTLY right the movie designs look nothing like g1.
    Know why ?
    ITS NOT BLOODY G1
    Its an alternate take on transformers just like armada,energon and cybertron
    you want a g1 movie go watch the animated one
    Its like beast machines all over again
    ppl saw a NEW concept the mass,s were riled and swore it would kill transformers and it aired and SHOCK , GASP it was actually pretty good
    same with beast wars.
    And how do you know whether or not his paint scheme matchs or personality
    are you soe kind of Phsycic midget that can see into the future and see what personality this NEW NOT G1 Prime posess,s
    GOOD DAY TO YOU
    P.S. femmebots rock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

6th wrote:

I think I may have had some of them. Useless pieces of crap thought to be honest. What's the point of having an ability to transform into a rock. Unless you just wanted to fit in with the other rocks in the field.... (bad joke... sorry)

anyway back on topic, I'd love to see a transforming Reliant Robin. Still cool today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Dominatorx wrote:
    Your right your ABSOLUTLY right the movie designs look nothing like g1.
    Know why ?
    ITS NOT BLOODY G1
    Its an alternate take on transformers just like armada,energon and cybertron
    you want a g1 movie go watch the animated one
    Its like beast machines all over again
    ppl saw a NEW concept the mass,s were riled and swore it would kill transformers and it aired and SHOCK , GASP it was actually pretty good
    same with beast wars.
    And how do you know whether or not his paint scheme matchs or personality
    are you soe kind of Phsycic midget that can see into the future and see what personality this NEW NOT G1 Prime posess,s
    GOOD DAY TO YOU
    P.S. femmebots rock

Actually, Cullen says their pretty much the same guy.

I got into transformers a little late in life, but BW and G1 are the best shows ever...Armada had some good moments though....anyway, I've seen designs for PRime, MEgs, Jazz, Brawl and Bubmlebee. Only Jazz has a transformery look, and that's on the fringe of it. Transformers have a certain look consistant in all continuites. Which they didn't acknowledge for the movie. Still, the fans made Megatron's head be redesigned, so who knows.....

I wanna see this guy for transformer

drag.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

How about these:

514-Music-Pretenders.jpg

They could be that type of transformer that looks human on the outside but opens up to reveal a robot inside. What were they called again?

Scientologists?

Scientologists?
    I think he meant Pretenders.

Here's one now. Behold the power of mighty Bludgeon with his complete lack of articulation!
    bludgeon.gif

Advertisement