Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the LIMERICK MUSICIANS!!!!!!

Options
  • 06-10-2006 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Female Singer, 26 Looking for good musicians around the Limerick and surrounding area to form a band, or maybe I could join one if you are looking for a singer.. I have fronted 3 Rock Bands, and have played many a gig all over Ireland and beyond...I have also recorded an E.P with my old band and released a single....I have many, many different musical tastes that include -
    Billy Talent,Juliette and The Licks,Yeah Yeah Yeahs,Skunk Anansie,Finger Eleven,Luscious Jackson,PJ Harvey,Deftones,Queens of the Stoneage, Muse, Radiohead,Placebo,Evanesence,Holly McNarland,Tracy Bonham,Foo Fighthers,
    Flyleaf,Ours,Our Lady Peace,My Chemical Romance,Alanis Morissette,Tori Amos,Tegan and Sara,Death Cab for Cutie,Ani DiFranco,Bjork,Soundgarden,
    Jeff Buckley,Portishead,Veruca Salt,The Frames,Peaches,Le Tigre,Imogen Heap,The Smiths,Echo and The Bunnymen,Janis Joplin,The Doors,Jefferson Airplane,Sonic Youth,Nirvana,Pearl Jam,Hole,L7,Violent Femmes,Matthew Good,Three Days Grace,Tonic,The Tea Party,Jimmy Eat World,The Pixies,Sarah Slean,Incubus,The Distillers......to name but a few..

Basically a wide range of tastes from many different genres of music....

So ya!! come on then! MESSAGE ME BACK!!!!

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sententia

......and Funeral for a Friend and Broken Social Scene ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 thedavidphelan

I been having the same problem as you looking for musicians in limerick im 19 and play guitar and sing and a bit of everything im into alot of the same stuff as you but i really love the chilis aswell! id definitely be interested in starting something up

Hey,
    Im living in ennis & working in limerick..play guitar & a wee bit of piano..ive a bit of a studio set up and a lot of similar influences and have been looking for a female vocalist to get something together in the studio..shur if you're interested gimme a bell..ill pm you with my number

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

Hi , not sure if I pm'd you already. I'm a guitarist (28) based in limerick city looking to get playing with a band . A good bit of experience playing in rock covers bands in dublin over the last 2 years and played a handful of gigs too.

Music taste would be broad enough from indie to rock, punk, funk & blues stuff like...(off the top of my head)

The Smiths,Suede,The Tears, Blur, Killers,
    Iggy & The Stooges, Jon Spencer, Led Zep, Deep Purple, ACDC,
    David Bowie, The Beatles, The Shins , Violent Femmes, The Pixies, Air, Daft Punk, assorted blues stuff...chili peppers, janes addiction, CAKE,

and all that 60's psychedelic stuff like Jefferson Airplane The Doors , The Yardbirds ,Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix etc etc...

Prob lookin to do some original rock stuff but who knows what it will sound like..

Pm me if you're interested .Cheers :cool: JMarr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭maca912

sarah slean? now thats impressive i thought i was the only fan around limerick... i guess id be up for a jam if you're still around?:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭maca912

sorry i pressed post reply by accident. my influences are basically everything mentioned on this page but especially.Pink Floyd Cure Richard Ashcroft Prince sonic youth depeche mode the Beatle's Morrissey The Smiths Tom Waits hard fi rolling stones stone roses rory gallagher killers vesta varro radiohead smashing pumkins frank sinatra!nobou umeatsu i probably spelled that wrong. white stripes coldplay oasis charlatans new order nirvana the sunshine underground. among plenty more i play everything (drums bass guitar piano and i sing) but mainly i focus on guitar and singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 naude

Just got a brand new band together and now looking for a singer,we are playing classic rock stuff, Jimmi Hendrix Led Zeppelin Joplin, Thin Lizzy and anything that rocks. We are full band 2 guitarist, bass and drummer. We have practice space and looking for serious and dedicated vocalist to complite the band. Please let me know are u still available. Thanx:)

Advertisement