Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Trade?

Options
  • 05-10-2006 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

hi all,

just wondered if anyone has had any experience with E-Trade as an online broker. My company use them for their stock options and I am set up on their system, but I am not sure of what they are like to deal with - ease of use, charges etc...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

Hear a good few complaints about them on another discussion board I use for stock info, Allstocks.com.

I use choicetrade, very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

I use Etrade, my company set it up too for the company stock.
    Just one problem lately was that took the wrong tax from my earnings but a quick email and they refunded. Look over your account statements to make sure they numbers are correct, i didnt spot this mistake for a few weeks.

I think the charges for trading shares are really cheap compared with here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

hey,

do you use the uk website or the us one?

can you trade irish shares?

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

Yea, Etrade US. I dont think you can trade Irish shares, the ISEQ doesnt show up in the foreign exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

I use Firstrade.com.

I have zero issues with them so far and find their service easy to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

have used them in the past, they were fine, fairly cheap, though they kept changing the interface.

Advertisement