Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Guitars

Options
  • 04-10-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, any Martin players out there? Thought I'd see whos playing waht and how ya like it. I've a d15, love it, incredibly warm sound.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

I tried about 75 billion six hundred and thirty three Martins (give or take...)

There were only two I really liked and a few I thought were ok.

The J40 is beautiful in my H op. But too expensive for what it is. I also really liked the C1 which is something altogether different from their usual line.

All the rest are very average I think.

So I went and ordered a Maton EBG808. Now THAT is a nice guitar and faaaaaaar better value than a Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

love my ooo-15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

punchdrunk wrote:
    love my ooo-15

tried that, loved it too! Great for the fingerpicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

yeah it's a great picker though i'd love a dread for strummier stuff,something like a d-18 would be smashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I got a Martin D-41 over the summer.....love it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I've a martin ceo-4 I picked up in the states a few years back. Love it to bits. Lovely tone. Has a lot of bass though so it's tough to amplify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Maccattack wrote:
    So I went and ordered a Maton EBG808. Now THAT is a nice guitar and faaaaaaar better value than a Martin.

Maccattack ,how much did the Maton set you back?....is that the one the built in mic?

Advertisement