Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to do this?

Options
  • 04-10-2006 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭

I'm going to buy a set of wooden bunks for my girls, but the little one isn't quite ready for a bed, so I'm wondering if it would be possible to put 30cm high cot type sides on the bottom bunk??

And if it's possible would you know anyone who could do it?

Thanks

Deb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Ya I can't see any reason why this couldn't be done! Kadman is ur man. He would know for defo about doing this. Id be interested in this if you wanted? i'l find out from kadman about this if you would like? Are you far from athlone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

That would be brill thanks Galwaydude. We're in Meath at the moment, but Moving to Cavan soon. But I'm sure we could attach them ourselves so long as they were made to the required measurments(or I could ask pete nicely :p ). The shop bought guards for beds are only about 2.5ft long and Steph is such a wriggler she'd make her way out the bottom of the bed in her sleep so they're no good to us:(

Thanks again,

Deb

ya I'l find out for you. I'l try to get back to you tonight about it. Hows pete? don't see him on here much at all these days!

Ah he's grand, very busy though so that can only be a good thing :D

It sure is. tell him I said hello!

• Advertisement

Will do! ;)

Did you have any joy with that Galwaydude? :o

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi Debra,

It would be quite simple to add some cot sides to an existing bunk bed.

Its just a matter of making a simple matching frame, a lite top and bottom rail for horizontals, and joined by verticals of light dowelling or shaped light uprights. Dont worry about the technical words, the lads here will understand.

And its quite easy to fit them onto the existing frame, strong enough to do the job. And esy enough to remove , when junior or juniorette gets big enough.

No doubt galwaydude is up for the challenge, and rest assured we will keep the young pup on the straight and narrow.

Tell the " Boss" to pop in .;) ;)

kadman

Ah that's great! Here are the bunks we're buying(haven't bought them yet because I don't want to have to move them!)

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=30001&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&productId=654488&Trail=C%24cip%3D43800.Furniture%2Band%2Bfurnishings%3EC%24cip%3D43872.Beds%3EC%24cip%3D43874.Bunk%2Bbeds&categoryId=43874&clickfrom=image

I'm not too bothered about the side rails matching the bunks perfectly at all so long as she's safe enough! The wardrobes and shelving in the room are Beech, so anything along those lines would do too.

Actually, looking at it again, the something like the side latts that are on the top bunk may even do the job! I don't mind her climbing out, I just don't want her falling out :D

I haven't been down to himself in a while, I'll email him tonight though ;)

Thanks again,

Deb

Thanks for the help there Kadman and the for the good thoughts! Debracd if you would like I can make them for you no bother at all. Do you want them to be fixed to the bed with screws or to have them so they can slide up and down?

• Advertisement

Well I'd like to be able to drop the side I have to put her in(the side where the steps are) if possible?

Ok no bother. Leave it with my for a day or two and I'l get back to you about this. I'l check it out in Smyth Toys to see how they are done on the cots in there. I can't remember off the top of my head how they are done. It's a fairly handy job.

Will do! Thanks:D

Hey if you want any discount on toys for santa give me a shout! I can give ya my 10% staff discount from Smyths in Athlone!

I might just take ya up on that! ;) Mind you, I've to wait until after we move to do santa, there'll be nothing left on the shelves :(

Ah sure I'l do my best to sort ya out with stuff! Ah der will be plenty on the shelfs. just all the really popular stuff will be gone! I'm moving house this friday as well!

Best of luck with the move! I'm dying to get going but dreading packing up everything and acually 'moving' :rolleyes:

Hi Debracd sorry I didn't get back sooner. Just moved into the house last friday. Anyhow if you want I can do this for you no bother at all. It will be a week or two before I get to it as I have to setup the poxy little shed that I have been given.

It's a poxy little 10ft X 10ft wooden shed so I have to insulate it any put plywood sheeting on the inside then setup equipment in there!

Advertisement