Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help. Pay and play Badminton in Dublin City Centre???

Options
  • 04-10-2006 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have just taken up badminton this year and would like to be able to play the odd game with friends after work. We all work in Dublin City and after ringing around gyms, sports centres etc I have found nowhere that allows you to just pay for an hour or two for use of a court.:mad: It seems as if you have to pay to become a member and then play at the allotted time for the badminton club?!:mad: I usually play at Lucan Sports Centre which does allow you to just pay for the time without joining. :o
    Does anyone know of anything similar to this around the City Centre? It would be great if someone could let me know.

Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hey, I think your only possibility is the badminton place out in Baldoyle.

Badminton Ireland or whatever it's called. AFAIK it's about the only fully dedicated place to badminton around. There will however be league nights where getting a court will be harder as they may be booked.

The problem is that very few places are badminton only. In most sports complex's they'd be taking a basketball/indoor soccer/volleyball court and sticking up nets for 1-2 nights a week. These times are taken by local clubs. Due to the short time allowed and the organisation of this lot you don't have a chance of getting in.

Anyway I reckon it's join a club get in a league or else get your ass to Baldoyle.

This is all second hand information given to me by Mrs. Gosplan. She may be able to fill you in better then I.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Hi this is Mrs Gosplan! Yep I second that info, you may be able to rent a court at ALSA near the airport either as they have quite a big hall but the Baldoyle badminton centre is your best bet (or Whitehall Road if you prefer the southside, yuck!) Its not that far from town and if you're interested in joining a club down the line, loads will be playing there in the evenings so you can ask around. There may be more info here:
    http://www.badmintonireland.com/
    Enjoy, its fab fun and a great way to keep fit!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kim Downes

Hiya, I joined Sheriff Badminton club in the IFSC as a beginner. They have a coach on Fridays and it has really improved my game, they have a facebook page if you need further information.

Advertisement