Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pancreatitis

Options
  • 03-10-2006 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I suffere with pancreatitis I am trying to get in contact with other sufferers of this disease in Ireland only. Please email me at fallonmartina@hotmail.com. I would love to set up a society for us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Damo54

Hello Fallonm,

I have been diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis for the last 2 years. Great idea to set-up a society, if you need to talk to fellow sufferers online then I can recommend the following forum http://www.pancreatitis-forum.org.uk/.
    Setting up an Irish forum may be a good place to start initially, as I've no idea how many of us there are.

take care

Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Gidday Fallonm.
    Is an Aussie of Irish background welcome?

It is a great idea and just not available here in any form.

5 years ago I had my first major attack of acute pancreatitis, the cause of which has never been discovered. I have had attacks of varying levels every 2 months since - recurring idiopathic pancreatitis. Even my healthy gallbladder was removed and I had my next attack 7 and 14 days later!

But, since early 2005 I have developed chronic pancreatitis which I am told is due to so many episodes of acute pancreatitis - permanent pain and other symptoms.

So this forum may be helpful on many fronts. Your call of course.

Regards, and I hope others find this place since the medical knowledge is so limited these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Hi guys - you might want to support my proposal for a forum for those of us with chronic illnesses - I have diabetes myself. check out the link in my sig (no pressure!)

good luck,
    tbh

Advertisement