Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Liberator @ Kommunity @ Earth Nightclub

Options
  • 03-10-2006 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Aaron Liberator @ Kommunity @ Earth Nightclub
    Well Kids With the first Kommunity @ Earht Nightclub having gone down a storm with Dj Ant playing a blinder of a set along with Rhythm Technologies, Dj Tek & Jamie Behan also rocking the place its time to fill you in on whats in store for the coming month & a little bit about the acts that we have so here goes i hope ye like it, i have posted the Artists for each night & a biog below so scroll down & the next event is after each Biog............

Saturday November 18th

Aaron Liberator (stay up forever, cluster,Hazchem)
    Rhythm Technologies(Kick the drum, yolk, Glitch)
    Miss Motif
    Dj Tek(kommunity resident & promoter) & Complex (Tech fm) back 2 back

Aaron Liberator
    Aaron Liberator is the shortest and skinniest Liberator DJ. But what he lacks in height and body mass, he more than makes up for in spirit and talent. Generous, gifted and possessing the sharp ability to set dancefloors alight, Aaron Liberator is a key pin of the Stay Up Forever Collective both on and off the decks.

For this is one DJ who has the canny ability to build his DJ sets up to the max. With fast paced mixing and plenty of chops, Aaron Liberator (along with fellow Libs Julian and Chris) has won world wide respect and been at it for over a decade!

His vibrant and funky techno style mixes the London sound (RAW, Hydraulix, SUF) with party techno from Europe. His fresh vibrant and funky dj sets appeal to a wide audience of hungry clubbers, ravers and partyheads – be it on the beaches of Spain, in the midst of Russia or in a warehouse party / free festival back home in the UK.

Away from the dancefloor aaron is a dedicated and loyal member of SUF. Having originally founded the collective with fellow Libs Chris and Aaron, he continues to play and pivotal role today.

In the studio Aaron records as Crash and Burn and Scratch n Sniff with mash up buddy and friend Guy “the Geezer” McAffer. When not banging out techno, he also records house and breaks as the low rent operator.

From the surreal skies of Moscow, to the coasts of Brazil and sunny Spain, Aaron still loves the London party scene. “The biggest inspiration for me must be the London party scene”, he says, “It’s something I’m very proud to be part of”.

About missmotif
    This Leading international female dj commands the decks as "Miss Motif" with her energetic and captivating stage presence. Miss Motif started djing 10 years ago in local bars and clubs. She always had a love for music since an early age. She grew up in a house where music was very much appreciated by her family. Her father being a drummer in a band gave her a sense of rhythm and a love of beats. Finding her nights out a bit mundane, she felt she could bring something special to the clubs. So she invested in a set of decks and started playing in local pubs and clubs under the name of Miss Motif. Three years ago Mandy saw an advert for the thirst dj competition, run in conjunction with the Heineken thirst dance event. She had no idea what the next year would bring. Miss Motif, not only won her semi-final heat but she also managed to finish second in the final beating all but one of her competitors, who all happened to be male. "I really wanted to prove that women can be as technically minded as men and as good at djing.The other contestants were really nice guys- I found I was giving them more encouragement than they were giving me! Also I knew that none of them would be singing live vocals so that gave me a competitive edge". Miss Motif's success doesnt stop there. A few months later Daniele Davoli, who was supporting Paul Oakenfold on the First Thirst tour, remembered her when Italian dance maestros The Vespa Bros were looking for a vocalist for their new track. He called Mandy and asked if she had ever thought about writing lyrics, and she had a few ideas already worked on. She really liked the backing track and so was more than happy with the opportunity. Daniele and Miss Motif recorded the vocals in London at chill-out artist Andrea B's studio. The track called Freedom was released on Rise in Italy and made it to number seven in the Italian dance charts. A few months later, Miss Motif recorded vocals for her second track called Up & Down with the same collaborators but under the new name of Scent. Miss Motif has written all the tracks and is now finished her first album with Scent Their track Up & down has been signed to EMI's Positiva record label. "I had so much fun making the album. It was recorded in Italy, and I feel really proud of every one of the tracks on it. I write my songs from experiences Ive had, or experiences that other people had that influenced my life. I think thats what makes this album so special to me. I hear a track and Im immediately taken to that moment when I wrote it and I feel the same emotions as I did at that time I was inspired. The album is a mixture of sounds from pop to rock to even electro; I think I will cater for everyones taste young and old. I just want to get it out there so that everyone can appreciate it as much as I do!!" Up & down was the first single to be released from the album and its about a girl who lives her life to the extreme and is never satisfied with what she has but also the consequences of doing so. It reached a top 20 position in the U.K charts last year. Miss Motif was invited to sing Up & Down live (on Pete Tongs essential selection show) on radio 1 in Ibiza in front of thousands of people at Café Mambo. She also did a dj set afterwards in Kanya.The video was shot in London and was shown on MTV. Last year, Miss Motif was asked to be a resident on the entire Heineken music world tour as a dj and vocalist, travelling to Asia, North and South America, Africa, Australia and Europe. The tour which is headlined by the worlds number one dj, Tiesto , Oakie and Radio 1s Pete Tong, showcased Mandys hard work and dedication. The tour kicked off in her home town of Cork, Ireland and says Miss Motif "It really put into perspective how much Id achieved in one year, here I was on stage singing a track I had written myself to all my friends and family and knowing I would be heading off around the globe with Tiesto, Pete Tong, Oakie, Daniele Davoli and Smokin Jo on a dj talent search playing to thousands of crazy clubbers!" Miss Motif has played in all the major clubs around the world and has gained admiration for her energetic and amazing stage performances. As it came to the end of the Thirst 2 world tour, a very tired but happy Mandy looked back on the past year with a lot of great memories. "I have had such an amazing time on Thirst this year from doing a loaded magazine photo shoot in Malaysia to being in bullet proof cars in Columbia but most importantly Ive made lots of new friends. Ive worked so hard both on stage and off because as well as doing the tour Ive also written my album with my band". Since finishing with Thirst Mandy has played for many clubs and festivals including gatecrasher and Cargo in London, The Peppermint club in Dubai, Zouk in Malaysia and many more. She is due to release her second single this summer with Scent, but is also working on material that will be released under her dj name Miss Motif. Not a woman to stay idle Mandy has now started working with a second band "Babynot" showcasing her love for rhythm and melodies acoustically. "Well I have just finished recording an acoustic album, covering all my favourite tracks from the last decade. I wanted to share them with people who may also appreciate good music as much as me so I thought why not bring it live to the people!" Over the last few months Miss Motif has been doing her very own show on Irelands premier online dance radio.www.techfmireland.com "Its something I've always thought about doing,I love presenting my own show and playing great tracks to so many people all around the world.I also have guest mixes on my show from other djs making waves in the dance scene at the moment.. Anyone can tune in on a friday eve to my show" For bookings see below. http://www.ultradj.co.uk/ e-mail cath@ultradj.co.uk Phone 00442077402119 http://www.missmotif.com/ e-mail info@missmotif.com Also Contact 00353863002051 http://www.scentmusic.net/ e-mail info@scentmusic.net

About djcomplexcork
    From Cork City, Ireland, dj Complex is a founding member of TECH FM & the Indica Sound System & plays an extremely wide range of music after over 12 years djing. Every type of 4x4 mashed up is the hallmark, with little or no attention to genre boundaries. Started playing on pirate radio on radio k2 in january 1997 and guested on radio friendly twice. He has played in various clubs across the city including Redz , Club Rennaisance, Sir henrys and too many bars to mention in cork and elsewhere. Complex has played at nights with Tony Thomas(soma records), Funk d void,(soma) Henrik B(drumcode) and more. STYLES: Plays everything from tribal / electro/ grungy house to techno/techtrance and hardtrance. Whatevers good on the night. The Indica Sound System is made up of Complex, Allen M, T-Rev & Darren M and host the "4 To The Floor" show every Saturday night on TechFM Ireland.

Again thank you for your continued support

Tek

OOh Crikey Here's that dam Badger again

www.myspace.com/kommunitydjtek
    www.myspace.com/kommunitytechno

Comments

Advertisement