Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conference football tonight

Options
  • 03-10-2006 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭

aldershot 8-15
    dag&red 11-10
    oxford 3-10
    burton 4-6

return of 6.98 for 1 placed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Hard luck mate. Don't know a whole lot about the Conference, and was wary of getting too involved. Layed a bit of Stafford, so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

woking v aldershot

its got draw written all over it at 9-4.

too short(or greed) for me so i went for a 1-1 at 9-2

all i can say it balls:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Make your money back tomorrow night. Back Hyde at 6/4. Don't want to repeat here what I was told but trust me. Trust me for small stakes if you want to be cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bateman wrote:
    Make your money back tomorrow night. Back Hyde at 6/4. Don't want to repeat here what I was told but trust me. Trust me for small stakes if you want to be cautious.
    Why don't you want to repeat what you've been told? The news regarding Hydes opponents is on every single gambling forum around and has been for days! Its common knowledge at this stage. Unless you've got some more news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Come on lads spit it out.

Is this a Peterhead v Forfar situation???

Hey ya Erin, basically the news is thus.

Lancaster are playing Hyde tonight and they are a club in crisis. The club was in danger of folding during the summer but were taken over by 3 or 4 local blokes. Anyway at the start of the season one of these blokes walked out and then last week 4 players walked out because their wages weren't paid.

Then the rest of the team barring the local lads jumped ship as well which resulted in Lancaster playing their home match last week with 6 reserves(apparently they're mostly out of shape kids!) and only 3 fit subs. They lost at home 5-1 on Saturday and were by all accounts a shambles. Anyway the following is taken from the Lancaster Fans Forum.

"I felt that too many players were simply out of their depth - which was no surprise - and I very much doubt if Workington will have an easier game all season on their travels. When you think how many saves Jon Kennedy made (including the penalty), and the shot he tipped onto the bar for a corner, then as someone else said, it could have been double figures."

Heres a link from last week(Situation has deteriorated since)
    http://www.thelancasterandmorecambecitizen.co.uk/sport/kendallancsports/display.var.953907.0.mellon_quits_crisis_club_city.php

Thats the good news from us gamblers point of view. Bad news is they are playing Hyde tonight who are no great shakes themselves. They lie 3rd from bottom while Lancaster are 2nd from bottom. Encouragingly though Hyde played well against the league leaders last week when losing 4-2.

So basically with Hyde at 6/4 against what is basically a team of reserves and kids this is a decent betting opportunity and I have had a medium sized bet. But considering Hydes position I wouldn't be betting any huge sums either.

Anyway good luck with your bets tonight.

Smashing info Pighead. That's exactly what we need around here.

I'll throw Hyde and the Czech republic into a double.

Cheers and good luck :cool:

Pighead wrote:
    Hyde at 6/4

Must be some money going on Hyde. 5/4 in Boyles (clerk had to request price from head office).

Yeah they were backed into 5/6 with Paddy in the end! And with good reason it seems. Latest Score.......
    Lancaster 0-1 Hyde (Gedman). Good start for the lads. Barely 8 mins gone.

• Advertisement

Jesus this is like Cyprus Ireland all over again!
    2-1 now to Hyde after 10 mins. Jumpers for goalposts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

2-2 now.

That scallywag Ryan Black scores on the stroke of half time to make it 2-2. This really is like the Cyprus-Ireland game! Looks like theres a few more goals in this game. Heres hoping for another 5-2.(To the away team this time)

Super Seddon puts Hyde back in front. And for a Brucie Bonus for all us Hyde fans Lancasters Quayle gets sent off. Surely the games safe now.................(Isn't it?)

looks like i missed all the fun,any way the final score with 3-2 to hyde

Yeah an unconvincing victory but a victory nonetheless. Hurrah to the Hyde boys.

Nice one pighead. May not have been a convincing victory but great info all the same.

If the Czech's win tonight I'm in the money.

Heard on the radio this morning that all the William Hill branchs in Ireland have amassed a whopping €93 in single bets on Ireland yesterday, the biggest being €15. That's just unbelievable :eek:

Nice one pighead. May not have been a convincing victory but great info all the same.

If the Czech's win tonight I'm in the money.

Heard on the radio this morning that all the William Hill branchs in Ireland have amassed a whopping €93 in single bets on Ireland yesterday, the biggest being €15. That's just unbelievable :eek:

that is very crazy alright,i mean who are these crazy people:rolleyes: :)

Advertisement