Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland 4/9 - PP

Options
  • 02-10-2006 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Best odds for the match around.

Well worth to lump on what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

too short a price imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Wouldn't take that price away from home. Was at this fixture last year and we were lucky to get away with one point, never mind the three. Given saved our bacon (again) that day. Cyprus were a much better team than Ireland. We should win but it'll be no walk in the park. Too much of a risk for too short a price IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Draw is where it's at. I don't know how anyone could back Ireland at those odds under the current circumstances. Depleted squad, bad atmosphere in the camp, poor players, and a crap manager - 4/9 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Under 2.5 goals is what I'll be going with I think. 5/6 on PP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Price is now 1/2

Might go for Ireland to Win 1-0 ( 5/1)
    Not sure yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 I Shot J.R.

Ah wheres your faith people! I was at the away game too last year, we played badly because we had no midfield, we were better attacking and defending but couldn't control the play because we had no decent midfielders that day, nearly burst my vocal chords screaming at Kavanagh to put a fxxxing tackle in. I think we'll put at least 2 past them and let in less than 2:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

hardly have a class midfield now though so we?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Go for the draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Currently 5-2 with 15 minutes to go, so i could probably get some good odds on betting in running. Do you think it's still worth a shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Disaster. A lot of people I know backed Cyprus on the AH, but no-one could have foreseen that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Bateman wrote:
    Disaster. A lot of people I know backed Cyprus on the AH, but no-one could have foreseen that.
    i could never bet against my country, even if it was on the cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

I'll put my hands up and say I bet on Cyprus when they got the forth goal, I didn't get great odds, but it was easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Bet with your head not your heart................I had a tenner on cyprus at 7-1..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

i had 15 on cyprus to win also... i had almost put a tenner for the end score to be "any other".. i.e more than 3 goals for any one team i think... would have got about 40-1... but said to myself that they surely wouldnt score more than 3... ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

county wrote:
    i could never bet against my country, even if it was on the cards

I could, it takes the sting out of losing the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

I lost a few quid on Ireland on Saturday. It really was a disaster.

Not looking forward to Wednesday with the Czechs.

Ireland to Win is 3/1 in PP

I think a draw is all we can hope for 11/5 but I feel the Czechs will win :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I could, it takes the sting out of losing the match.

I did once and it didn't take the sting out of anything.Paid €75 for Dublin v Mayo in the All Ireland semis, saw Mayo at 3/1 so stuck on €25. My reasoning was that if the Dubs win they're in a final, happily wouldn't mind spending a ton for that and if they lose I break even. Was still gutted at end of 70 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I had Cyprus on the mini performance spread, bought at 14 for €5, 10pts a goal, 25 pts for a win and 10pts for a draw - i thought a draw would be the outcome, and that would get my money back. Make-up 75pts, profit €305!! I think they might get a point on wednesday, will probably buy irish performance in the hope they score at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

czechs are 2.16 on betfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Wouldn't be backing unders for Wednesday. How on earth are we going to control Koller? :eek:

Advertisement