Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online magazines

Options
  • 02-10-2006 9:26pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

I am writing for 2 now, I will be submitting my first article for the other very soon and this is my second article for this particular magazine... i thought I would share ;)

http://www.sexywithin.com/October%202006/yourhonestopinion.htm

yes, my name is Sheila ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Are any of the magazines/sites you're writing for looking for more writers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

"It has happened to all of us; unfortunately, sometimes you are eating when you see it, and you may have had to have had the Heimlich performed on you from the shock ensued choking."

You're article is quite funny although the above might read better as "It has happened to all of us; a danger if you're eating and no one is around to perform the Heimlich."

Still up to you, :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

thanks for the comment, that is a good way to phrase it as well... thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

Hey Beat, enjoyable read, well done! :)

Did you come up with the idea or did they give you the topic?

I especially like the repetition, of "tell them"!

How do you find writing for an online mag versus print? Any different?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Thanks Shiv ,

It is interesting and a bit different. My online work doesnt seem to get edited and maybe it's the calibur of the editor or that they just think its that good (hehe ;) )but work that goes to print gets chopped up a hell of a lot more ;)

I pick the topics, I wasnt excited about it being on Fashion but I was late getting back to them and all the good topics were gone and there we have it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭38Flowers

Hey Beat, Well done on the magazine work! Any advice on how to get into it, and what rate of pay is like, deadlines, how things work in the freelance world ? Would really appreciate it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Domain for sale?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Domain for sale?

Six year old thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Oh yeah! I assumed it was new, my mistake.

glares at 38flowers

Advertisement