Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band website query

Options
  • 02-10-2006 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

I wasn't sure to put this in the webmaster forum but I thought it may be more appropriate here, apologies if not.

A mate of mine is wanting a website for his music, a place where he can upload his songs and put up some pictures of himself. I thought that the easiest thing (for me) would be to get cheap hosting and make him a small cheap and easy website so that he can upload his stuff there. But thinking about it, I know he's going to hound me to make any changes he needs on it as he's not that knowledgable with websites and I don't fancy being hounded for such a thing.

Are there any fairly cheap websites out there that offer a good template system for artists, a nice music uploading place, and a control panel type thing that is easy to upload pictures and change the look of the site easily?

Myspace would have been perfect for him but he has around 10 songs and Myspace only has a 4 song limit afaik. So I'm looking for paid services if there aren't any free ones. The only one I have seen so far is www.bandzoogle.com which seems great but a little pricy at around 150euros per year.

How do you bands and musicians do it if you don't know how to create websites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

im not sure about this but you could try freewebs.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Use a template from oswd.org, setup a basic version, and show him how to change the rest of the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I didn't think about freewebs, cheers for that!

Does anyone know the max amount of songs you can have on your Bebo profile?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

a good option would be www.moonfruit.com , it's free but the charges if you want to pay for extra features are minimal , haven't used it myself as i can design / develop website but the sites i've seen hosted on it using their templates are as good as your gonna get for the price your looking to pay

or you could upload music to a 3rd party website for music with no upload limits and deeplink
    *cough* see my siggie *cough* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭filament

Gordon wrote:
    I didn't think about freewebs, cheers for that!

Does anyone know the max amount of songs you can have on your Bebo profile?

• Advertisement
Advertisement