Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this forum allowed to the foreigners who are learning English?

Options
  • 01-10-2006 2:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi, I'm from S.Korea and still studying English myself here in Dublin.
    I found English forum here but not sure this is for English speakers who are interested in their language or for everybody who likes English.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm sure its perfectly acceptable to post here if you are trying to learn the language, and are looking for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm sure its ok, there are sometimes people offering English lessons on this forum I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Welcome to Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frany

Thanks millions!!<- I learned this expression from an Irish staff of a bank.:D
    Especially I want to practice Irish English accent haha.
    Is there a good idea to improve my listening English?
    There are so many different English accents in the world.
    Newspaper is still very hard to understand for me.
    There are many social and cultural expressions and I didn't learn about them.

The bigger problem is that I have a son and want to teach him my language Korean. So I always keep talking to him in Korean at home. My husband is an Irish so he started to understand 2 languages but you know my English is getting worse because I always keep talking in Korean to my son all day.

So I'm reading English separately at night time for not forgetting my English.
    Oh it's really not easy to learn English..for me.:(

I noticed word game on this forum but I don't understand how to play. Would you explain how to do? I want to join.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

frany wrote:
    Thanks millions!!<- I learned this expression from an Irish staff of a bank.:D
    Especially I want to practice Irish English accent haha.
    Is there a good idea to improve my listening English?
    There are so many different English accents in the world.
    Newspaper is still very hard to understand for me.
    There are many social and cultural expressions and I didn't learn about them.

TV with subtitles can also help your listening although only for short periods and you should have a look here. It will help.
    As for reading you might be better trying books. You can get learners books.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frany

is_that_so wrote:
    TV with subtitles can also help your listening although only for short periods and you should have a look here. It will help.
    As for reading you might be better trying books. You can get learners books.

Oh that's a really nice site thanks very much!! I got a DVD of "Love Actually" a few days ago and could hear all English accent..:confused: Oh my.. I really needed subtitles for this movie..:( My ears got used to Irish accent more than English one..:D
    Bye bye sounds like more boy boy in Dublin accent.

Advertisement