Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible firefox virus

Options
  • 30-09-2006 5:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

the other day i downloaded a firefox extension that blocked key logging (or something like that). since then the firefox icon on my desktop has been very pixalated and i cant update spybot s & d or adaware.

has anyone else who downloaded this firefox extension had the same problem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What was the name of the extension and where did you download it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Ruu it is called keyscrambler personal and i downloaded it from the mozilla firefox extensions page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Did you try to disable the extension or uninstall it, then reboot and see if that made any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah Ruu i uninstalled straight after installing it. it made no difference

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

what OS ?

have you run hardware diagnostics ?

if it was only happening when firefox was running try creating a new profile
    firefox -p
    in windows you may need the full path
    then remove and reinstall firefox
    of course making sure you are on the latest version

If windows then disconect fom internet by removing phone/adsl cable/turning off wireless and reboot into safe mode and then rerun spyware scans

• Advertisement
Advertisement