Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transforming into a train

Options
  • 29-09-2006 8:28pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Do you remember this transformer? Cant remember his name. but he was purple and a decepticon i think. What a useless ability! Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Astrotrain

Robot/Train/Space Shuttle

He was the 'Cons getaway vehicle after the Battle of Autobot City. Not useless at all at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

just dawned on me this am, he was a triple-changer! What were the other triple-changers?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

xanthor wrote:
    Blitzwing
    Octane
    Springer
    Sandstorm
    Broadside

Before the inevitable follow up question:
    Octane = Decepticon plane/oil truck
    Springer = Autobot jet car/helicopter
    Sandstorm = Autobot beach buggy/helicopter
    Broadside = Autobot aircraft carrier/plane
    Blitzwing = Decepticon fighter jet/tank

Don't forget they each have a secret mode, ie: a brick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I had the Astrotrain toy and he was cool, but I always felt cheated by the fact that his space shuttle mode wasn't big enough to carry other Transformers inside him like he did in the movie. I swapped him for 2 Gobots with a friend and I never saw him again. What was I thinking?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

agamemnon wrote:
    I swapped him for 2 Gobots with a friend and I never saw him again. What was I thinking?!

HA HA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I always felt cheated by the fact that his space shuttle mode wasn't big enough to carry other Transformers inside him like he did in the movie.

Much like how people felt cheated Megatron couldn't fit in Starscream's hand :P

Yeah Astrotrain is kinda like the opposite of Megatron I guess. He mass-shifts up, not down. In the movie there was enough room for him to hold Devastator. Though they've never been good with size - Prime and MEgs found in some guy's lab once.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

He didn't use the old train mode too much though, did he?

It wasn't even a modern train either... It looked like it was steam powered.

astrotrain.JPG

And what was the deal with decepticon triple changers? Didn't both Blitzwing and Octane change sides to the Autobots?

(I had Astrotrain too by the way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Monkeyfudge - Yeah. The third series of the cartoon was pretty much showing the Decepticons fall apart from the inside, due to Galvatron's insanity. Starscream even had a "nudge nudge, wink wink" with the Autobots; they "approved" of his schemes against Galvatron, though that kind of got ruined when he stole Metroplexes eye(which was ultimately replacable - and meant Starscream got to trick Unicron into giving him a new body).

The real villians were the Quintessons.

Advertisement