Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend of the 29th Aug Footy Bets

Options
  • 29-09-2006 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

Whats everyone doing?

€20 treble
    Arsenal to beat Charlton in the Vally 1/2
    Lincon to beat Bury at home 1/2
    Pompy to beat the Spurs in whiteheart lane 5/2

Arsenal and Lincoln should easily dispose of the opposition.

I think Pompy are a great price at 5/2. Pompy should be well rested with no midweek action, Spurs have a few injurys and haven't won in the EP in 4 games.

What do ya reckon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I am going for Barca, Real and milan all to win. Cant remember the odds though. Havent looked into many other matches.

Tempted to go for unders in the spurs match, i think both sides can easily win. However i cant see there being alot of goals. possibly 1-1.

Goodluck with your bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Is it still August?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead would recommend Peterhead at 4/9 to be added into this weeks coupons. Poor old Forfar have a bit of an injury crisis. They tried to get the game called off but weren't successful. This from the BBC.

Injury-hit Forfar told to play on.

George Shaw had to list himself as a trialist on Saturday

Forfar Athletic have had their request to postpone Saturday's Second Division game against Peterhead rejected despite having just eight fit players.

Forfar say manager George Shaw, who has a squad of 19, had been hit by an unprecedented injury crisis.

"The club have put in the application to have the game called off," club physio Brian McNeill had said.

"The club doctor has provided the appropriate certification required by the SFA to make their decision."
    Forfar say they were only able to name three "useable outfield substitute players" for Saturday's 3-1 home defeat by Morton.

One of those was Shaw, who was listed as a trialist, and the eight who are fit include two goalkeepers.
    "Alan Rattray and Fraser Coyle were both forced to end their game prematurely with recurrences of injuries, the former's injury requiring an un-fit Paul Tosh to play 45 minutes as a make shift centre half," said the club website. In all, Forfar have nine players definitely out through injury and two others doubtful for the trip to Peterhead this weekend.

Pigheads treble this week:
    Peterhead@ 4/9
    Bayern Munich @8/13
    AZ Alkamaar@8/13
    Deep Impact to win the arc tomorrow at Longchamp @ 11/4

11/1. Deep Impact is by no means a sure thing but he's in with a definite chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

Here's my selections for today

Charlton v Arsenal
    Arsenal 8 - 15 Pending
    - Everton v Man City
    Everton 4 - 5 Pending
    - Birmingham v Leicester
    Birmingham 4 - 7 Pending
    - Sunderland v Sheff Wed
    Sunderland 4 - 7 Pending
    - Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona
    Barcelona 1 - 2 Pending
    - Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid
    Real Madrid 8 - 13 Pending
    - Cagliari v Inter Milan
    Inter Milan 8 - 13 Pending
    - Sochaux v Lyon
    Lyon 4 - 7 Pending

Ive a five euro win for a nice profit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

@clusk007: if my calculations are correct thats approx €210 profit at those prices. but theres always one that will screw it up 4u!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

That's always the way!

wba88 wrote:
    @clusk007: if my calculations are correct thats approx €210 profit at those prices. but theres always one that will screw it up 4u!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I've also done a tenner treble:

Everton v Man City
    8/13
    Sheff Utd v Boro
    11/8
    Birmingham v Leicester
    8/13

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

clusk007 wrote:
    That's always the way!

Not only is it alway the way, it's always an injury time dodgy peno!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

nice tip pighead!!!!

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    Pigheads treble this week:
    Peterhead@ 4/9
    Bayern Munich @8/13
    AZ Alkamaar@8/13
    Deep Impact to win the arc tomorrow at Longchamp @ 11/4

11/1. Deep Impact is by no means a sure thing but he's in with a definite chance.
    Bugger. Munich lose tobottom club Wolfsburg thus destroying Pigheads bet. I went against all my instincts in backing an away team.

Peterhead destroyed an understrength Forfar 8-0. As is the way of these things you can be guaranteed the other 2 remaining bets in the accumulator will win now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Geoff sterling was mention the peterheard match today and how on betfair all the money was on them.

Shame i didnt read the post earlier

Advertisement