Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talib Kweli Talks New Album

Options
  • 28-09-2006 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

I have pretty much given up on old Talib,but his lead single is pretty nice and the production list and collabs are very impressive.Jean Grae is one of the best underground MC's out there,and UGK are under rated imo.
    Brooklyn bred rapper Talib Kweli is preparing to release Ear Drum, which is the follow-up to 2004's critically acclaimed release Beautiful Struggle.

The album is being released on Kweli's own imprint Blacksmith Music Corporation, which is distributed by Warner Bros. Records.

"This record [Ear Drum], I just tried to make it about the sounds and about how the sounds hit your ear," Kweli told AllHipHop.com. "The other records I’ve done, I’ve wanted to create certain types of songs, songs that I had in my head. On this one, the music sort of dictated where the songs went."

Ear Drum features production from Hi-Tek, Rick Rubin, Mad Lib, Kanye West and guest appearances from Norah Jones, UGK, Sizzla, Jean Grae and others.

http://urbanmag-online.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=30&func=view&id=80&catid=2

Advertisement