Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto "furry men" ads

Options
  • 28-09-2006 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Anybody got any ideas about where I might find the irish lotto ads online?

I've found the one about the "fish lottery", which appeared as a popup ad on an ~Irish website but I'd love to see them all, especially the one with the washing machine...:D

any advice or suggestions would be greatly apreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

What are they meant to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Dunno, but I like them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

DMC wrote:
    Dunno, but I like them too!
    i would love them as teddys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

They should have brought back the line "Play Lotto - Or IT COULD BE THEM!". They could have kept the furry yokes. There's nothing great about the ads and most people have already switched to Euromillions anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What i noticed about these ads is they're so similar to the XFM Ricky Gervais ads... which advertised the return of his and Stephen Merchant's radio show over 2 years ago now.

..click here to watch them!..

These are actually funny though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

The lads go to LA ad is fantastic! Lovin them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

with jeff goldblum no less - wonder how much that cost to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I love these ads, brilliant, but it still doesnt make me want to part with my money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I can't stand these ads,they are useless. They try to be funny but just aren't.

• Advertisement

The new one starring the "Lotto Lads" is now on the link that decob posted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I don't get the appeal of this campaign at all; it's like the bastard child of the Teletubbies and Bachelor's Walk.

The best lotto ad is a semi-decent chance of a win and they did away with that with the addition of 3 balls...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Is it just me or does one of them "lads" sound like Neil Delamare the comedian??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Ya I thought that too I think they are pretty good though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Kojak wrote:
    Is it just me or does one of them "lads" sound like Neil Delamare the comedian??

And also RTE News' "young fella" correspondant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

I think it is Neil Delamere. The one that was throwing out stuff like "Blink 182" and a load of numbers a few ads ago.

Jeff Goldblum though... well impressed. I wonder did he do those specifically for our Lotto or did they go halves on somebody who was able to make use of the exact same footage?

I'd say not, they are done for our Lotto. I seem to remember other celebrites doing ads for our Lotto.... Eric Cantona in Dubin for the start of the Euromillions comes to mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

The National Lottery may be in big trouble:

Bears3 are a series of short films created by Matt Everitt and Matt Clark. The animated films use dialogue from Ricky Gervais’s radio show and featured on his website, as well as many industry sites, youtube, google video and our own personal websites. In short they proved very popular.
    Well, recently we became aware of a high profile set of television commercials in Ireland for the Irish Lotto:

guitars.jpg

Hopefully this still says enough, but the animation style, character traits and direction really help, see ours here (date added to youtube: April 05, 2006) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUD6rTbxoA

And the Lotto here:
    http://www.weloveallthisstuff.com/movies/Numbers for Website.mov

Whadya reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

damn it forgot to do the lotto!!

think i remember seeing this story before...i quite like those bears hopefullly they'll stay

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I love the quote on Wikipedia "Cathal Gaffney speaking on behalf of Brown Bag Films, the animation company who worked on the lotto ads, suggest that Bears3 are "obscure" and hadn't been broadcast."

So, is he saying that it is a rip off, but it doesn't matter because it wasn't on tv?

edit: actually, just saw that this was first pointed out on Creative Ireland in 2006. I assume nothign came of it then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

bomberman.jpg

Does nobody else expect the lads to whip out a bomb on the lotto ads?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

katamari_damacy___son.jpg

The green lotto lad reminds me of the Prince from the Katamari games.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

bit of an old story, it did the rounds of creative ireland over a year ago... matt everitt even commented on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've been saying this for yeeeeearrrs...

EDIT: Well, a year and a half or so (see here!):
    Me wrote:
    What i noticed about these ads is they're so similar to the XFM Ricky Gervais ads... which advertised the return of his and Stephen Merchant's radio show over 2 years ago now.

..click here to watch them!..

These are actually funny though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

They are called the 'lotto lads' and they are brilliant! Best Lotto campaign ever and it's deffinately the best Irish ad campaign I've seen in a while. Always looking forward to the next ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

javaboy wrote: »
    bomberman.jpg

Does nobody else expect the lads to whip out a bomb on the lotto ads?

I was thinking that. There's (or there was last week) a 20 foot replica of one of them outside a garage near Glasnevin cemetery. I really wanted to just strap it to the roof of the car, bring it home and put it in the front garden. Biggest garden gnome ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement