Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next U.S Ryder Cup Captain.

Options
  • 28-09-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Its pretty much a two way race for the dubious honour of becoming the next U.S Ryder Cup captain. Paul Azinger and Fred Couples are 6/4 and 7/4 respectively to lead the yanks out next time round. However everybody in the States are talking as if Azinger has it already. They want to bring a bit of needle back to proceedings. And its well known that Azinger and European captain Faldo aren't the best of buddies.

Apparently its pretty much a done deal. Azinger will bring a bit of steel and a bit of edge to proceedings. They've tried going for the nice guy(Lehman)as captain and its pretty sure they won't go down that avenue again by giving the job to nice guy Freddie. For me this is a cracking price for Azinger as I'm pretty sure he'll get the job. Its gonna be announced in the next few weeks.

BET: Azinger to be next USA Ryder Cup captain @6/4
    Confidence: 8/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Trampas

When is O'Meara due as I say Tiger will have a say and since they are best of buds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Tiger campaigned last year to get O'Meara the job without success. Tiger is all powerful but he doesn't make the decisions for the PGA(yet) He's 12-1 if you fancy it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

when will the decision be made on the new US captain?

I thought it was in 3 weeks time but looking at Paddy Powers website they have 1st October down as when the market ends. Will try and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

• Advertisement

Pighead would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the Yanks on their excellent choice for Ryder Cup captain!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/6111626.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

good call pighead,you are in the zone atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Another great call PH

Advertisement