Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank questions

Options
  • 28-09-2006 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Look i know its the wrong forum but few people seem to read the one the prev thread was sent to, and I REALLYy do need these answers before 2pm.

Im with AIB, Im setting up a direct debit monthly payment to a Bank of Ireland account. Do I go to AIB or BOI, or both, and how long does it take? Can I set it up for 600 to be sent today, but only 300 the first Monday of every following month? And also, anyone conclusively know the withdrawal limit for an AIB ATM?

Thanks, and please dont move this its urgent I get this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Go to AIB with the details of the Bank of Ireland account details. If its a direct debit I don't think you can put €600 across today and then €300 on the first of every month as direct debits are fixed. If it was a standing order you could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

petes wrote:
    If its a direct debit I don't think you can put €600 across today and then €300 on the first of every month as direct debits are fixed. If it was a standing order you could.

I think it's the other way around. Standing orders are for fixed amounts on whatever basis. Direct Debits are for variable amounts which is why companies use them to bill you. E.g. Eircom can take variable amounts of money from someones account when they send out phone bills.

On the original question....go to AIB with the BOI account details and they should be able to arrange this for you. I'm not sure what the ATM limit is, I can withdraw €750 per day with my Ulster Bank account that's if I have €750 in it :)

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Yeah you'll have to start a standing order, with the bank who's account the money is coming out of. It has to be a fixed amount, can't be variable, so you can set it up for 300 and then transfer 300 extra this month. I don't think you can set up a DD for money transfers as BOI would have to be told every month how much you want transfered. If you use banking online you can just do it manually your self, i found it a lot less hassle

as for the ATM card cards are usually limited to 200-300 per day however you can request that the limit is increased, i don't know how high they will go, you'll have to ask the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Two years ago my Banklink card limit was €750 but I've been a customer for years if that makes any differece.

There is nothing to stop you setting up a transfer of €600 today and a separate one for €300 every month. Of course you will get charged for both instructions.

Why not ring your bank? Take a 'toilet break' from work and call them. They can advise you straight away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Thanks lads

Is there a bank of Ireland in the Blanch centre? Theres BOI machines at one enterance inside a kind of space but tbh im not sure it operates as a manned bank, can anyone confirm it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a info point but it is not a full branch more of a sub office you will have to go down to the branch in blanch village Shane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Aye i know the one i just couldnt remember what bank owned it

Then I recalled this story and it became clear :D

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0718/robbery.html

Mad bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

shane86 wrote:
    Thanks lads

Is there a bank of Ireland in the Blanch centre? Theres BOI machines at one enterance inside a kind of space but tbh im not sure it operates as a manned bank, can anyone confirm it?

are you unable to use the interweb to find information?

i mean, im sure www.boi.ie has the details fo its branches, and im sure if you phone them, then you will get answers.

seriously, dont be so goddamn lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

shane86 wrote:
    Look i know its the wrong forum but few people seem to read the one the prev thread was sent to, and I REALLYy do need these answers before 2pm.

Yesterday you needed answers quickly so some of us obliged, today you are trying to turn us into your google slaves! Not cool man, not cool!

Advertisement