Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Petrucci Model

Options
  • 27-09-2006 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Heres the proto for the new Petrucci sig. Doesnt do as much for me as his current model so im really gonna have to step up trying to get one before they possibly discontinue it :(

2006_09-18_jp_proto_full-1.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Really don't like it. It's turning into an RG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah i agree i think the appeal of the rg is that its a blocky harsh lookin body instead of this which has a curve around the edges..he should have just got a sig start and a sig rg cos thats what we are lookin at imo..the hardware looks like they were on a budget also..

nope i won't be buyin one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

nothing compared to old model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Not so purty. The way they didn't contour the inner curve of the lower horn is a bit silly, like they just took a chunk out of the old model and left it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Well he seems to be playing a slightly different version on the Score DVD, still has the thinner lower horn but has the old body contour back :D

Petrucci20thanniversary.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

God he's really let himself go recently!

Christ, is he auditioning to be in The Dubliners?

Must get that DVD actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭funky_buddah

Beecher wrote:
    Well he seems to be playing a slightly different version on the Score DVD, still has the thinner lower horn but has the old body contour back :D

Petrucci20thanniversary.jpg

Is anyone else suspicuous that Dave Grohl and Petrucci are the same person?

I was thinking more along the lines of Dave Navarro...

Nice work on those triceps I must say

• Advertisement

Yes, they'll be the result of hundreds of squat thrusts down on the hard ground...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Horrible guitar and the beard is rubbish too.

Thats shameful, whats next? A classic volumised mullet?

John wrote:
    Horrible guitar and the beard is rubbish too.

This man knows of what he speaks...

feylya wrote:
    Must get that DVD actually.

I thought you said it was sheeeeeeeeeite? :confused:

Lads..... Playing rock music with an orchestra..... semi formal cloths.... Swept back hair.... That beard...... James Hetfield.... Nuff said. They look so similar. The whole thing is a rip off of S&M

Doctor J wrote:
    I thought you said it was sheeeeeeeeeite? :confused:

Tis. Still want it though :p

Sei, the difference between S&M and Score is, Metallica put in a load of work and it shows. Dream Theater turned up the day before, played once and then played it live. The band and the orchestra don't sound good together at all imo.

sei046 wrote:
    The whole thing is a rip off of S&M

Which in turn.... ;)

the lack of countour on the lower arm is actually whats bugging me. i think. and the control layout seems different but maybe thats just coz the finish makes it look different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

sei046 wrote:
    the lack of countour on the lower arm is actually whats bugging me. i think. and the control layout seems different but maybe thats just coz the finish makes it look different

Sorry folks, I think we've gone off topic.

now back to the beard.....

Actually speaking of Mr. Petrucci's personal grooming, I remember talking to a hugh DT fan a year ago who was genuinely angry and felt cheated that The Petruch cut is hair before that DT gig in Ireland a few years ago!!!

I was only mildly enraged...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I can't understand how anyone could give a **** about how Petrucci looks. He's the ****ing man when it comes to guitar playing, so what if he's not going to be in the latest issue of whatever the gay version of Playboy is, the man can still shred a bajillion notes a second and still write a good riff at the same time.

Anyway, I'm not too much of a fan of the new Petrucci sig, because he does seem to be turning it into an RG. Why not just go back to Ibanez? I hope I can pick up one of the current Petrucci models before this new one comes out, as the current ones have really, really nice birds-eye maple necks and this new model has a mahogany neck, which will probably be thicker aswell as needing to be finished in some capacity.

Besides, there's no word of a new 7 String model, so that could very well be swept under the rug. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭icon

There is no doubt that he is a great guitarist, but what a bet-down hideous guitar, we should let the music do the talking eh? The visual comparison to Hetfield is sad but true!

Petrucci is the man. Contrary to popular belief it was him, not yngwie, who tought god how to play guitar. I dont like his new guitar compared to his old one anyways tho. Hes the man playing it tho!

Advertisement