Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor J say's it don't exsist if there is no pic

Options
  • 26-09-2006 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

There's my gear 96 LP Standard (Nothing added but time), Marshall TSL 100 (Mesa Preamp tubes), ENGL 2 X 12. tkgear.jpg

All 'in use'. The Les Paul needs to be reconidtioned a small bit, ten years have taken its toll on her, and she's been a bit bashed round on occasion, all asthetics to be honest. I love it to bits though.

Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nice guitar Tom, though it's got a while to go before it needs a John Sykes-level reconditioning :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Doctor J wrote:
    Nice guitar Tom, though it's got a while to go before it needs a John Sykes-level reconditioning :p

Sykes will play that guitar until it falls apart :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That's the guitar I learned Sweet Child o' Mine on (when tom wasn't looking tee hee)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Hmm thats a rather nice...............Bass warwick ehhh? what kind?the guitars nice too though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Yeh the Bass is a Warick, are they ****e ? I don't know anything about bass.

TK

• Advertisement

nah nah there good, just VERY thick necked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Dunno where you're getting that impression to be honest. I know you had a problem with a thick-necked Rockbass, but my Streamer's got a slimmer neck than my old Jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

AFAIK Patricides Warwick isn't a rockbass. I've played It wasn't me's Warwick and its particularly gorgeous, the neck is substantial but by no means a baseball bat, not as slim as my Ibanez though all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It might be the newer ones with the fat neck. I played a guys 5 string Thumb, I think it was, the neck was the fattest squarest neck I've ever played. It wasn't uncomfortable per se, but I certainly wouldn't want to have to navigate around it all the time.

Uh in other news.. I might have one of thesein the next few hours : http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/LesPaul/images/lps-wr.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Fetish for Gibbos, eh?

Love em aye.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Who doesn't like LP's though?

The one I am going to look at is 2001, with 50's neck and has two Seymore Duncan something or otehrs lashed into it.. The neck will be the clincher, but itwill be a 'back-up' guitar .. so I am not so pushed.. be nice to have another LP to layer guitars in studio though..

Actully a guy.. is selling a Cherry Sunburst one also.. guh.. help me make up my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

feylya wrote:
    Who doesn't like LP's though?

*raises hand cautiously*

I don't exactly hate them, but I've never played one that's made me want to buy one. It's probably something to do with the weight of them, and I just don't really like the feel of them.

Hey, I never mentioned Gibson's though :p Seriously, there are some gorgeous LP's from other companys. Tokai and ESP spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

feylya wrote:
    Hey, I never mentioned Gibson's though :p Seriously, there are some gorgeous LP's from other companys. Tokai and ESP spring to mind.

I agree. http://homepage.mac.com/ste_mooney/PhotoAlbum5.html

Indeed

nonemoreblack.jpg

I dunno bout the rockbasses but my 5 string warwick is the thickest most awkwerd neck ive ever played its fine in the lower frets but the neck on the first 8 or so frets is really really fat and squared off, needlessto say if it didnt sound so good itd be gone a long time ago.

As for the les paul, i love the look of em, however i annot stand playing them when im sitting down it feels like its forever trying to slip off my lap and whem im standing up the contours on the body just feel wrong, still lovely sounding instruemts i just amnt a fan of the way they feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭funky_buddah

That is one smokin guitar there time. Sexellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It's a substantial enough neck alright on mine, but it's flatter than a Jazz bass. It's kinda squarish, but for me with my big ungainly hands, that just means my palm wraps around it nicely. :p

Ok boys and girls.. I have her.. pics to follow. It's a 2005 STD Faded Cherry Sunburst with a 50's neck, and it's a ****ing demon. I dunno where the **** the digicam is at the moment, but expect pics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

You know, I always preferred the Les Paul Junior. Regular LPs never tickled my fancy.

Advertisement