Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Writing is On the Wall :p

Options
  • 26-09-2006 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

So... as if the students here were not scary enough for the residents of Castletroy.. did you see what some smart chap/chaplet wrote on the checker-wall??

'ARBEIT MACHT FREI'

they have been trying to clean it off all day. What are, we a pack of Nazis? actually, thats a rhetorical question... oh and for any of the comp sys people who dont understand that word.. just ask sceptre :P (or google I guess)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Yeah I noticed that this morning. Feck sake! There's plenty of other things to write on in the college, why do they have to write on the wall?

I think I'm getting old.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Man some people need a hobby:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

No imagination eh!! Must be first years. Just look out for anyone "Dressed in Uniform and Singing Marching Songs" that should give us a clue as to 'WHO DUNNIT'

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

440Hz wrote:
    So... as if the students here were not scary enough for the residents of Castletroy.. did you see what some smart chap/chaplet wrote on the checker-wall??

'ARBEIT MACHT FREI'

they have been trying to clean it off all day. What are, we a pack of Nazis? actually, thats a rhetorical question... oh and for any of the comp sys people who dont understand that word.. just ask sceptre :P (or google I guess)

Obviously deluded, ARBEIT MACHT FREI wont lead to anything.

Heres to being a bum!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I can see it from my kitchen window in plassey, the guy thats trying to clean it off comes back every hour to do a letter, passed by the wall at 2 last night and it was clean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Work shall set you free......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbeit_macht_frei

It certainly has some bad vibes but if you dont work....you might have to stay longer than you would have wanted to....but hopefully not incinerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Ah we knew what it meant!! That was why I posted about it... get you all studying lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

there's a poll on the ULSU website about this - www.ulsu.ul.ie.

Personally I'm not so much worried about the wall as I am about the fact that someone thinks it's actually funny to write a message that was a sick ironic joke played by the perpetrators of some of the worst humanitarian crimes in history. It's not funny at all.

On the otherhand however, it is somewhat intelligent, if it is a/some student(s) opinion of their education at UL/third level education in Ireland/etc....however, I'm not condoning such likenesses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

caesar wrote:
    I can see it from my kitchen window in plassey, the guy thats trying to clean it off comes back every hour to do a letter, passed by the wall at 2 last night and it was clean.
    Yeah... it wasn't there at 3.30 either...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

Yeah... it wasn't there at 3.30 either...
    lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement