Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum Machine Recommendations...

Options
  • 26-09-2006 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi folks,
    I'm looking for some recommendations for a new Drum Machine. I'm currently using an Alesis SR-16 but find the interface awkward and it sounds very dated. Is anyone using a drum machine at the moment and is very happy with it? Are there any clear winners out there in the market?

Also, can anyone tell me whats involved with getting a PC based drum machine up and running? Is it worth the hassle over a drum machine?

Cheers,
    V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i use drum programs to program my drums all the time

i started off using Leaf drums and Ns kit samples

both free and simple and easy to use,

(google naturalstudio drum samples and leaf digital drums to find a download)

but lately ive kinda upgraded it to Acoustica beatcraft and drum kit from hell samples, which is a helluva lot better, but more $$$

unless u can find it floating around the itnernet somewhere....

im not to informative of actual drum machines though =/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Korg's Electribe series (there's a load of them) are kind of expensive but fairly easy to use and get great sounds out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Ever considered a Vdrum kit? Im happy with my TD6, you can use the SR-16 sequencer to play sounds through the TD6 via midi if you wanna program

Advertisement