Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukulele's can be cool!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Deadly, now show me Cemetery Gates played on a Lute!
    TK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Go buy one in Waltons for 20 euro. They're decent. I love mine! Bought it last year, it's lucid tones continue to charm me.

Only thing is you have to tighten all the machine heads to **** or it wont stay in tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

20 euro :eek: What's the story with the tuning? Is it EADG or DGBE or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Can't remember.. I just know how to sing the tuning.

'My dog has fleas!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

fish-head wrote:
    Can't remember.. I just know how to sing the tuning.

'My dog has fleas!'

'My dog has fleas!' is EADG :D
    That's how I remember it 50 + years ago
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Never heard of "My Dog Has Fleas" before but my friends mother, whos husband was called Derek and who's son was called Eric came up with, "Eric And Derek Got Big Ears" as a wa to remember the stiungs tunings when she was learning guitar years ago. It stuck with me since I learned to the point I used it all the time when I use to teach guitar myself! Really handy!

JamesM wrote:
    'My dog has fleas!' is EADG :D
    That's how I remember it 50 + years ago
    Jim.
    I should clarify EADG. The E is the E on the 4th (D) string of a guitar. A is the 5th string. D and G are the 4th and 3rd strings. The bottom string is actually a higher note than the next one up.
    Jim
    THIS IS WRONG -SEE BELOW !

JamesM wrote:
    I should clarify EADG. The E is the E on the 4th (D) string of a guitar. A is the 5th string. D and G are the 4th and 3rd strings. The bottom string is actually a higher note than the next one up.
    Jim

That's confused me even more. :(

Quattroste wrote:
    If you had a guitar and wanted to tune a Ukulele, you would use the notes I have listed on the guitar.
    Jim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Beecher wrote:

Nice

JamesM wrote:
    If you had a guitar and wanted to tune a Ukulele, you would use the notes I have listed on the guitar.
    Jim.

Right. Got you now. ;)

Quattroste wrote:
    Sorry Quattroste :eek: :eek: I'm more confused than you :o:o I've got it wrong :o :mad:
    It has been so long since I tried to tune one - and then I just did it by ear.
    The usual tuning is DGBE - BUT the G is and octave down and a heavier (thicker)string than the D.
    Jim.

Advertisement