Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okay, here goes...

Options
  • 25-09-2006 11:55pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always shied away from posting stuff in this forum because I'm a little baffled by my inability to write properly on boards. I wrote this poem last year when I was going through some very weird stuff.

I Love the Sky When the Trees are Black

The bare chill pinches at the branches as the trees stand,
    Frozen still.
    In the fading light, ice is rife, piercing my jacket to touch my skin.
    I love the sky when the trees are black.
    It’s winter now, and Jack? well he'll be here
    ‘Til the lambs come back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Love the poem but reading the title and then the poem took something away from me. Still like i said "like the poem".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

I've always shied away from posting stuff in this forum because I'm a little baffled by my inability to write properly on boards. I wrote this poem last year when I was going through some very weird stuff.

I Love the Sky When the Trees are Black

The bare chill pinches at the branches as the trees stand,
    Frozen still.
    In the fading light, ice is rife, piercing my jacket to touch my skin.
    I love the sky when the trees are black.
    It’s winter now, and Jack? well he'll be here
    ‘Til the lambs come back.
    love it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ok, I'll look at this again when sober and not sleep deprived, but at the moment, I think it's great. If I was to change anything, I'd change the word back in the last line to home. IMHO, the word back seems to force a rather neat rhyming scheme that exists within the former parts of the poem.

That said, I'm both drunk and not poetry's biggest fan.

POST MORE STUFF!!!

Advertisement