Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do?

Options
  • 25-09-2006 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=1099
    Noel Gallagher c/o St Pats Schoolboys needs a draw in tonight's match between Portsmouth and Bolton to win the €6,500 jackpot. If the result tonight is not a draw, Noel will win the €500 highest points prize.

So hes got €500 guaranteed atm a draw is 9-4.

If you were in this position, and could bet on tonights match up to say €500, what would you do?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

slap it all on the draw! ah I dunno, its a very very tough one to call. Pompeys run has gotta come to an end, Bolton can spring surprises but they're not playing well so far.

very dodgy to call that one. With a gun to my head Id say a draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No matter what he gets 500 back,if its a draw he gets €6500

250 on each team to win? 300 on port 200 on bolton?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

I would personally beg, borrow or steal about 4K and go on to betfair and cover the other two outcomes with most on a portsmouth win. smaller cover on bolton, this would give roughly 3K return on ports win or draw and 1.5K on bolton win....nice to have some return in these situations. Its still a sweet bet though, draw does look a very likely result...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

put the lot on pompey,i even fancy a 1-0 scoreline awell

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Lay the draw on Betfair is the call all right.
    I'm sure he could find a couple of backers if he guaranteed them a share of the spoils for the stake to lay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I layed Bolton :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

So Kd what did he do? After the event so any advice is worthless, but I guess I would have hedged about a third of the potential £6,500 winnings on the draw on betfair, in the knowledge that all results are winners, but the draw an inbalanced winner, laying some of the potential winnings on the draw to even up the book would have been the most cautious (and true bookies) route. He certainly could have played a bit on correct scores at no risk, bu what the hell he won €500, hope he enjoyed it.

Advertisement