Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what position did you/ do you play?

Options
  • 25-09-2006 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

in primary school I was the goalie (and not bad at it either), and i secondary school i played of the left wing and then ended up stuck on the left half (where you have to be able to switch from attack and defense wihtin a few seconds).

Favorite position would be the left wing, probably because you get all the glorey when you get a goal! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Centre Mid or centre forward, in rotation. Prefer striker but probably better as a central mid lol. Still, 20 goals up last season helped the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Started as goalie in primary school. Then Centre back, then right back, then left back.

In uni ended up as centre forward and play that for my club too.

Don't get many goals but do tend to score important ones or spectaculars. My main aim is to physically bully the defenders/ goalie and give the other more time and space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I'm a goalie for my sins...I actually really enjoy it...I get to take people out and get the free for my team :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Keeper too. For the past 14 years and I would not give it up for anything!!! Love it.
    Hey tywy, who you playing for? Ladies I know... Me too. Playing for Muckross 3XI this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

usually right mid or centre mid.

for what its worth, does anyone else here call the midfield line the half line?

as in left half, centre half and right half?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I'm playing for Loreto 4ths.

We're in the 4th Division, got promoted the year before last, it's tough goin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Wow! Nice one. Well done on the promotion!
    Wish you all the best for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

I play left wing (or right occasionally if needed):D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Same as me! I think you've got to be a bit flexible if you play forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Lisapeep wrote:
    Same as me! I think you've got to be a bit flexible if you play forward.
    Yer i agree
    But only prob for me is when i play cf i always find myself drifting out onto the wings..:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Yeah, CF is a difficult position to play in due to the fact that you don't have a sideline to guide you! You're floating randomly about in the middle!

Advertisement