Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Swap Shop?

Options
  • 25-09-2006 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've had this guitar and amp on adverts.ie for quite a while with no interest. I really just want an acoustic that can be plugged into an amp. This is called a semi acoustic right? Or are they simply called acoustic with a pickup? Anyway, just wondering is there anywhere around that would do the trade and that I wouldn't be losing out, i.e., I wouldn't get some crappy argos acoustic:o

Any feedback would be appreciated:)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You could try posting here http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php/cat/41

Have you thought about trading in in an actual bricks and mortar shop? There's good deal to be had believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

feylya wrote:
    Have you thought about trading in in an actual bricks and mortar shop? There's good deal to be had believe it or not.

That's what I asked in my first post;):D

Can you suggest any shops around Dublin that would do this? I can travel if there are none.

Ah, sorry. Half asleep at the mo. Musician Inc gave me a really good deal recently. Traded in my Ibanez for an Eggle and gave it to me for half price. That said, if you're looking for a straight swap, forget it. You're probably better off putting the stuff on eBay then buying a nice Ibanez acoustic ;) (Played one the other night and it sounded rather nice, especially since it was €180 from eBay)

hehe no probs. Yeah, I'd just be looking for a straight swap really. Don't have the cash to be getting a top of the range model, one for the same value as my guitar and amp would be fine. To be honest I'm not even sure of the value of mine. Definitely nowhere you reckon I could do a straight swap?

I seriously don't think so. 99.999% of guitar shops would want money too. Don't suppose you've contacted Chris? He's always interested in swaps...

• Advertisement

Who is this mysterious Chris you talk of? :)

Mysterious? He is the provider of all!

www.chrisguitars.com ...

US based, uh oh, probably cost more to ship the things than it would to buy a new one:o

Worth a shot though.

yeah I might check it out, thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

All shops will require money to be thrown in the deal unfortunatly. Instrumental on the Quays however will apparently buy a guitar from you for cash which you could then use to buy a guitar.

Thanks for the tip. They'd probably buy it for 50% of what they are going to sell it for though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

cormie wrote:
    Thanks for the tip. They'd probably buy it for 50% of what they are going to sell it for though:(

Pretty much the same as everywhere else really unless you are friendly with the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

cormie wrote:

yeah, the cheek of shops to actually have that whole bogus "profit" thing going on.

They're running a business, not providing a service.

hehe, but then again there's the fact they may be able to shift a leccy better than another. Or maybe not.

Advertisement