Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New baby

Options
  • 24-09-2006 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Just got this the other day,tis a gp12 smx 280 watt.Can anyone recommend a good cab for it?have a 15 inch cab for it but would prefer a 4 x 10.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

You could always go for a 2x10 on top of your 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

fish-head wrote:
    You could always go for a 2x10 on top of your 15.

This would be my preferred option. A 4x10 is a lot of bother to lug around plus you've got a nicer sound by combining 2x10 with a 1x15.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I echo all of the above.

I would also like to add.....*drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

2x10 + 1x15 definitely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I was all over that one, eh? :p

• Advertisement

Hell yeah, back of the net.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yea the 1x15 gets all the lows and the 2x10s accentuate(sp?) all the higher tones.Putting em together is allways the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

2 x 10 it is then!any ideas on a good 2 x 10 cab,nothing too pricey:)

2 x 10 it is then!any ideas on a good 2 x 10 cab,nothing too pricey:)
    Well how big is the 1x15 cab you have? Try to get something that fits nicely on top of it. As you'd want the 2x10 on top of the 1x15 for optimum frequency projection. What impeadance is the cab you have? What impeadance output does the head have in stereo operation? On a budget, i'd say Ashdown Mag or Hartke XL or Transporter, if you like aluminium drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

the cabs quite big,the output is at 8 ohms,im not 100% on whether its stereo output.it has two outputs for speakers on the back.

• Advertisement

Yeah go for an 8ohm 2x10 so

Advertisement