Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems reinstalling Windows

Options
  • 11-10-2007 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I have Windows installed on the D:/ drive but want to move it to the C:/ drive. So before doing so, I figure it's a good idea to format the C:/ drive cos even with everything deleted off it, there's still nearly 2GB of used space for some reason. But when I try to format it, I get a popup telling me:
    "Windows was unable to complete the format"
    No reason provided. I only get this error after it seems to have gone through the whole formatting (- the indicator has reached the very end after about 20 minutes, and then I get this error), although if I tick 'Quick Format', I get the error straight away.

Anyone know why this is happening?
    And if not, is there any was of freeing the last of that space on the C:/ drive, or is it normal that there should be that much used space (drive in full contains about 57GB)?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement