Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you make of this

Options
  • 23-09-2006 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

i think they could be coering something up here

what do you make of it??

what is supposed to be there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Blackjack

i think they could be coering something up here

what do you make of it??

what is supposed to be there??

as it's slap bang in the middle of amsterdam I doubt it's a bit issue. I can't remember what exactly is there to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Blackjack wrote:
    as it's slap bang in the middle of amsterdam I doubt it's a bit issue. I can't remember what exactly is there to be honest.

aye.. but even in windows live earth its the same... searched street maps and os maps.. there is a big blank there, so they are obviously hiding something...???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Could be government buildings or a military installation.
    Just check out the white house, its all now kinda featureless on its roof

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Blackjack

kerbdog wrote:
    Could be government buildings or a military installation.
    Just check out the white house, its all now kinda featureless on its roof

Meant to post back on this - it's the Dutch Naval academy I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Observatory Circle in Washington DC (US VP's gaf) suffers from similar pixelation, as do many of the former President's homes and I think Camp David too. I'm not sure how to upload the .kmz files but go to 38.9 78.1 to see observatory circle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭kirving

upmeath wrote:
    Observatory Circle in Washington DC (US VP's gaf) suffers from similar pixelation, as do many of the former President's homes and I think Camp David too. I'm not sure how to upload the .kmz files but go to 38.9 78.1 to see observatory circle

Its 38.55, 77.03 :D Weird isnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

cheers, those coordinates were metric guesstimates. yeah, pretty strange at first sight, not quite sure why there's such concern over publishing these images considering how they aren't shown in realtime or anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MrrPete

It's to prevent terrorists from getting information from GOOGLE. Sure they can get it from other sources but not GOOGLE.

Advertisement