Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate: Atlantis - 3x10 - The Return (Part 1) [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 23-09-2006 12:20pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Atlantis Ancients are back! Was it good though?

What Did You Think of Stargate: Atlantis - 3x10 - The Return (Part 1)? 24 votes

Excellent mid-season finale: Can't wait for Part 2!
    0%
    Good - I'm looking forward to the next part
    45%
    GerardKeatingWintersKevokCatsmokinpotUser45701thelordofcheeseDingChavezBernsdemanBULLERBlackdragon 11 votes
    Average - I won't mind waiting to see what's next
    37%
    IvanbkehoePugsleyMr Ejor elSparkoThe GnomeIompairKojak 9 votes
    Poor - Not really bothered checking out what's next
    16%
    Venomsenordingdongalastair_doomis_that_so 4 votes
    Awful - I won't be around for the second half of the season based on this muck
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Seemed good, first thought of mine is these ancients actually replicators :rolleyes: Didn't seem that bothered about the replicator ship comin like. Can't wait till next episode which should be good based on this build up :D If they are actual ancients hopefully one or two will survive to get some secrets outta the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i thought the ship was asuran aswell was suprised when they turned out to actually be ancients.

Good episode i like the way they did the whole get the team together and disobay orders like SG1 did in within the supernts grasp.
    They did the same thing but it had a different feel to it so i liked that

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Does Canada get Atlantis early this year too? If so when should the next part be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

DingChavez wrote:
    Does Canada get Atlantis early this year too? If so when should the next part be out?
    Think their both on at the same time this year.

Pretty good episode, I was also pretty shocked when the Ancients were Ancient, as a wise man once said "They dont seem very Ancienty", however the replicators being able to attack the Ancients was entirely predictable, knew what was coming once it was announced that the replicators are on their way to Atlantis. Actually thought Weir put on a good performance for once, very few McKay'isms for once, but in the context it seemed appropriate. There was nothing especially bad about this episode, but it misses out on being excellent simply because there was nothing really excellent about it, it was a solid episode throughout, expect good things from part2 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Decent enough. Some of it was fairly obvious but it does show that SG -any variety is at its best with simple uncomplicated storylines. No distractions here -just a basic premise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Average. it was just a build up episode, and i cant really say im on the edge of my seat now. Only thing im wondering about is if the team get a full powered ZPM from now on, and another ship would be nice :D

Why do SG teams always come up with the stupidest, most wreckless plans? 6 people and a bag full of guns against (probably) a whole city of Asurans. Even if RDA is still alive, i cant see how they could realisticaly win.

And that 'previously on stargate' thing ruined it for me. I too was expecting the atlanteans to be asurans. (the typical stargate twist). Guess i'll have to watch it again to appreciate the real atlanteans.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

The first thing I thought was the "Destroyer of Worlds" had returned to plot the destruction of Lantea. Good episode though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Thanks McGarnigle - I was trying to place that Atlantean!

I really enjoyed this episode - sure, it wasn't huge on the action front but it had some lovely character moments and I enjoyed stuff like the WoW nods (even if I don't play).

Admittedly, I also though the Atlanteans were Asurans too but it didn't spoil the enjoyment for me.

Also liked the mid-way station: a nice SFX shot.

Eager to see the follow-up to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

User45701 wrote:
    i thought the ship was asuran aswell was suprised when they turned out to actually be ancients.

Same here - I was always expceting the double cross (i.e. they turn out to be replicators).

The one thing I didn't like was how the Stargate crew just "lay down" and let the Ancients walk in without a more thorough "vetting" of who they actually are. Given the fact that the team had a bad of experience the last time they met so-called ancients I would have thought they would have been more cautious of this.

O'Neill was, again, not like he was up to season 8 of SG-1 - he seems to be a lot more serious than before.

The timelines seemed to be a bit too long to expect that Woolsey and O'Neill are alive (but I'd seriously doubt they would kill off O'Neill here anyway). The Carson Beckett thing was just weird and kinda set it up for his leaving later on in the series.

Overall a pretty good episode but looses points for the fact that there was feck all action

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The only good thing about this episode were the good character moments, like Carson looking out for Weir, Ronin 'man handling' Sheppard etc...

I wasn't loving the rest of it.
    Firstly, bringing back people from a race that have been extinct for 10,000 years is just a bad idea with a huge lack of foresight. Especially since they will all ahve to be killed off in the next episode.
    I was also expecting the Lantean ship to be full of replicators but I have a feeling they are replicators and the whole thing is a rouse. Just my thought.
    The WoW mention was pathetic...****ing stupid. I'm angry thinking about it.
    The Gate bridge was a good addition to the story.
    Also, I didn't like how they were acknowleding the Ori in this episode, people should be more concerned.
    The Ancients sucked, and so does Woolsey, his 'development' is some of the worst I've ever seen in a character. Jack was on good form again

• Advertisement
Advertisement