Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate SG:1 - 10x10 - The Quest (Part 1) [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 23-09-2006 12:18pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What did ye all think of the mid-season finale? Baal and Ori rolled into one: was it any good?

What Did You Think of Stargate SG:1 - 10x10 - The Quest (Part 1)? 29 votes

Excellent mid-season finale: Can't wait for Part 2!
    0%
    Good - I'm looking forward to the next part
    31%
    IvanGerardKeatingWintersCatsmokinpotUser45701DingChavezCerebralCortexmatdabombdeman 9 votes
    Average - I won't mind waiting to see what's next
    41%
    VenombkehoePugsleyMr EKevokandrew163thelordofcheesesenordingdongBernsmawkeamossI_Mr_Euphony 12 votes
    Poor - Not really bothered checking out what's next
    24%
    jor elixoyalastair_doomis_that_soSparkoKojakHande hoche! 7 votes
    Awful - I won't be around for the second half of the season based on this muck
    3%
    robnubis 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I enjoyed it but it was too obvious that the orasai couldent use her powers in there.
    I dont see the problem with the clif hanger tho
    i dont know or have eaver heard of a living creature even in movies i have never heard of a creature that has very thick/inpentrable skin

i mean in dragan movies a spear or other such weapons and its a small dragon as far as i can see a beating with 4 p90s and it will drop and then they can takes this oppertunity to shove the orasai over the edge shield or not we saw how deep that was and then just put a bullet in baals head , yes i know there is more of them but it would feel good and also be quite funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Well apparently Baal knows the name or "command" to stop the Dragon. So is sorta needed for that. As for shovin her off the edge, she's quiet attractive :rolleyes: And the shield might stop them somehow :p

Next one should be good :D

just like gouauld shields they stop dammage not simple things like wind or physical contact or a leaf from a tree touching off you otherise when she was on the planet the shield would have been constantly shimmering to indicate it was on as bits of dust impacted of it also didnt Vala make physical contact with her

anyway evewn if she did surive the fall it would take a long time to climb your way back up probbley several days if not longer because it was so deep we didnt even hear the stone hitting the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭BKtje

I enjoyed it but it was too obvious that the orasai couldent use her powers in there.
    Then how did she keep up the illusion? or was that from her necklace? Possibly a goof? Not that i really care about that kind of thing but i know some people here do :p

she cant use offensive posers a shield of a illusion isent offensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Then how did she keep up the illusion? or was that from her necklace?
    Never realised that one, probably another "Make up your own mind" (aka: plothole :)) from the SG1 writers.

Overall a very good episode, just shy of excellent because it was quite predictable by and large, Vala was just irritating, and I figured out the time distortion thing instantly, except I figured throw a handful of sand at it, would have done the same thing. The highlight of this episode, imo, was an excellent performance from Baal, and we finally got to see the Ori soldiers in action, they look pretty damn cool when their in force like that, added coolness for the several different helmets.

Not too sure what to make of the ending, Dragon looks very P90'able, would have been a good mission to bring a few g36's with them, and they should definately take the oppertunity to get rid of the orisai, but I'd say Vala would probably object and they will end up finding a way to nullify her powers and capture her.... or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hmm felt like Reign of Fire or any other future/past crossover fantasy film. Sometimes feels like they'd use any excuse to get their money's worth out of that medieval village set. :rolleyes:
    All a bit too convenient to have all the main story plot characters in the same cave underground.
    Still it was reasonably well put together and a reasonable cliffhanger even ignoring the dodgy effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭BKtje

and I figured out the time distortion thing instantly
    Anyone else notice the frozen people swaying slightly? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

B-K-DzR wrote:
    When they were about half way through it I noticed a guy on the bottom right of the screen rocking very noticably, the rest seemed pretty stable though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just like gouauld shields they stop dammage not simple things like wind or physical contact or a leaf from a tree touching off you otherise when she was on the planet the shield would have been constantly shimmering to indicate it was on as bits of dust impacted of it also didnt Vala make physical contact with her

it was the kinetic energy of the thing that was impacting against the shield wasn't it? so it stopped a bullet, but not an arrow. If the orisi's shield works like that, and she did fall down into that big chasm.. assuming there was a ground, she'd probably have built up quite alot of speed falling down. But would the shield activate when she hit the ground? Would it matter to the shield that she was moving, and not the ground?

it would have to, wouldn't it? .. just makes the shield that one small bit cooler, now you can take it mountaineering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

so when is the second part due to air and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Washout wrote:
    so when is the second part due to air and where?
    I think the next episodes will be after Christmas in the US :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Obo

It should be on Sky first in January. It doesn't start again in the US until March.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

User45701 wrote:

anyway evewn if she did surive the fall it would take a long time to climb your way back up probbley several days if not longer because it was so deep we didnt even hear the stone hitting the bottom

I'd imagine they're more like ancient shields ie the one McKay had on in Atlantis. He actually tested out the effect of falling with it on and it worked perfectly.
    User45701 wrote:
    she cant use offensive posers a shield of a illusion isent offensive

Yeah damn those offensive posers, think they're god's gift to women they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

I didn't really think much of this episode. I'm pretty tired of the whole Camelot theme, I just don't think it works for a sci-fi show. All I thought was how many space battles could they have thrown together for the cost of making that pathetic looking dragon? I was thinking that Atlantis could have used some extra budget to spice up their mid season ep which was very good, I hope the cash wasn't diverted to SG-1. Honesltly I couldn't care less about the continuation of this we all know that the series isn't going to end in the next episode so they won't get killed nor will they get the Sain Graal. Oh and how many more of these pointless trial episodes will there be where at the end of it they don't find the weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Vala should totally push her mom down the hole, death inducing or not.

Where's Ba'al deep Gou'uldy voice? :(
    He's cooler with it.

And what's with throwing just rocks? Wouldn't sand or dirt they were walking on be better at showing more of the time distortion edge? Stupid, sexy Carter! :p

It was an ok episode, damn them for making a big break until the next one. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Then how did she keep up the illusion?
    What illusion? She didn't do anything or use her powers at any time. Everyone simply assumed she could, but Jackson figured her out as when she couldn't raise the portcullis or kill Baal or steal the San Graal as soon as she saw it.

Anyway, not a great break episode, a bit predictable and samey.

mcgarnicle wrote:

Yeah damn those offensive posers, think they're god's gift to women they do.

lol only noticed that mistake now damm tired fast typing before sleap makes powers
    posers

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Forgot to proffer my own opinion on this one!

It was, to me, merely alright. A bit of a let-down actually. I'm also not sold on the Camelot/trial aspect being merged as it is into sci-fi. It's a bit tired at this stage to have this mix of Arthurian legend. The episode didn't really have the epic either - the puzzles were a bit simplistic and, SFX aside, reminded of something you'd see in an old "Doctor Who" episode like "The Five Doctors" or "The Celestial Toymaker". It made the puzzles somewhat easy to predict (thought about throwing dirt at it immediately).

The characters were all reasonable here, nothing outstanding. Vala was a little more annoying than she has been, with Daniel probably standing out as doing the best work here.

Little bit disappointed overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

B-K-DzR wrote:
    kekekegay.gif yeah i did actually, but good episode all in all, i hope they dont make a balls of the ending now that they are cancelling it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Just to get people watching it again. :)
    Just noticed as they cross the bridge the camera pans in from the back of the centre and for a few seconds half the screen is taken up by some strange blue crystal. Maybe they were supposed to take that one?

Greed would of made them rush for the first shiney thing they saw.

i see what u mean but i dont know why i got the feelig the the planet itself or atleast the mountin is the weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

ixoy wrote:
    It was, to me, merely alright. A bit of a let-down actually. I'm also not sold on the Camelot/trial aspect being merged as it is into sci-fi. It's a bit tired at this stage to have this mix of Arthurian legend. The episode didn't really have the epic either

Agreed - I don't like all this camelot stuff either. If I wanted to see that kind of stuff I watch a Harry Potter film.

Vala was back to her old annoying self and why the f*ck did they decidse to help the Orisi?? :confused:

The puzzles were alright but nothing spectacular and it was sort of cheezy how different members of the team could come up with the various solutions just as they were needed.

No action at all, but at least we seen some of the Ori soldiers doing their jobs - something that has been missing so far this season.

Ive been to sky1.com but no luck on finding out when the next episode is out i checked the RTE guide christmass edition and as usual no info in it, im guessing it will be Jan 10th or Jan 17th
    did they say at the end of the this episode when it would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

User45701 wrote:
    did they say at the end of the this episode when it would be?

No mention about it - also I checked the new RTE guide and the new episodes aren't repeated this Saturday and Sunday (As they usually are). My guess is that they won't be repeated until Sky One are ready to show episode 11 of both series - probably in the New Year.

Ye looks like Jan 10th alright

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I used to like the Arthurian legend more then I do now but it's not that bad.
    The epidoes was good I thought. A good plot/story driven episode with not much reliance on action and what not.
    The only think I didn't like was the teaming up with Ba'al and Adria.
    If they kill Ba'al the second they get a chance then it will have been redeemed but the Adria thing is stupid.
    The dragon is abit difficult to judge, I wonder how they will play this one out.

Also...everyone instantly thought abouty throwing the dirt? Iw as thinking a hail of bullets would light the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Awful - I won't be around for the second half of the season based on this muck
    Bit **** really. Dragon looked crap, and its really a no brainer whats gonna happen really.

robnubis wrote:
    Bit **** really. Dragon looked crap, and its really a no brainer whats gonna happen really.

Id ask what EXEATLY is going to happen but id assume you would just read spoilers to make sure your right

• Advertisement
Advertisement