Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

propane/green gas

Options
  • 23-09-2006 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

just wonder if anyone has tried out propane in their GBB? i'm considering buying that propane nozzle from www.airsoft-innovations.com/. sounds like a great money saver. seems totally safe if you make sure you oil and keep the gun in good shape. i'm after buying a KSC mac 11a1 and i can imagine going through quite a lot of gas.

"Another gas, new to AirSoft but familiar to us all is propane. Using the propane adapter made by Airsoft Innovations, people are having good luck using propane in their gas guns. The adapter allows the addition of silicone oil directly into the propane as it goes into your magazine, so it should work just as well as other propellants, while being much cheaper. The power is similar to that of green gas, meaning it will work in most guns. It will not work well in guns made only for 134a though, as it is more powerful. "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

It could be messy, your gun could break...and you cant smoke or be near a naked flame using your gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

actually yes, i did think "hmm, maybe not, major gun breakage"..but after checking out a bit, and reading some tests people have carried out, it turns out green gas seems to actually BE propane. just with some added silicone oil and fragrance. plus as someone mentioned, the containers green gas comes in are actually quite flimsy and not designed to hold such gasses. There have been some cases of explosions!

the only downside i seem to be able to find about using propane is the eggy fart smell it gives out. which could not be plesent

Does your gun have a metal slide? If not dont bother with green and just use 132a.

Master of the Universe

it doesnt have a metal slide. but it has a bolt at the top which flies back and forth 20 times a second.

http://www.epicycle.org.uk/airsoft/m11a1.htm

they suggest green on wolfarmouries. got some coming next week. quite looking forward to it. and a top up of bbs. at 20 rounds a second, i can imagine going through sh!t loads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

im getting a mac11 next, god i love em :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

totally impractical, totally inaccurate, hard to carry due to the huge mag sticking out the bottom of it, but i dont care, i absolutely love the little beast!

lol ,did ya get a holster 2 fit it yet?. im trying 2 figure out how i could carry it comfortable whilst carrying a vsr10 in my hands and a M3 on my back o yea ill be wanting a Beretta as well some day in the future.Then ill be quite content:)

Master of the Universe

m3 on your back as well?! jesus, thats some load.
    i'm thinking sniper/aeg (when i get one) in hand, mac11 in leg holster (if that doesnt work, a 3 point sling) and maybe some form of pistol in another leg holster. although i think even the pistol might be overkill seeing as i already have a mac11 as a secondary.
    hmmm
    really cant wait to try out all this stuff in the field!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

i want that gun too so i found a holster

http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=296&catid=18

Master of the Universe

ah nice one! cheers! i'll be buying that.
    good oul speedytoys. hope the postage isnt too bad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

you can get a 10% discount just click the pic of eminem on the homepage

Master of the Universe

yeah stupid me forgot to do that when i was ordering my rifle
    doh!

m3 on your back as well?! jesus, thats some load.

Tis but i intend 2 use em all in skirmishes :D

nice find on the holster Whuppy ;)

Master of the Universe

hmmm.
    so, when the enemy get close, and you want to fire off 50 bbs in a few seconds at them with your mac, will the vsr not get caught up in the m4 when you sling it onto your back?
    loading yourself down man! could end up working against you.
    i also want to buy as many airsoft guns as i can. but i'll only be bringing a couple to a skirmish

strangely enough no ,if i need 2 sling em both it can be done very hastily [without hitting them against each other]
    Basicaly the shoty would be over my right shoulder down 2 my left hip and it fits snugly their.while if i i needed 2 sling the rifle it would just be over me right shoulder [its so light and fits realy well ]. The mac whenever i do get 1 would just be a last resort cqb type which could be drawn with me left hand whilst me right holds the shoty/rifle and slings it oer me shoulder and the other is on my back :D
    Rofl ive tought about this way 2 much methinks :p :rolleyes:
    bah I realy need 2 skirmish

Master of the Universe

heh *scope ends up on the ground in a big pile of guns and tangled up slings*

i know what you mean about skirmishing. all i have at the moment is a long back garden. my stray shots hit the fence at the back with a bang and leave a dent. so there's quite a lot more range left which i havent been able to use.
    i live in the middle of a housing estate, so i cant exactly go running outside my house or into neighbouring fields :(

You shouldnt unless you own the land anyways. About the propane/green conversation, I think its silly to use green gas or propane until you get onto someone who makes the gun about it. If your seals, etc are damaged by using the wrong type of gas then your boned for alot of cash and heartache.

heh *scope ends up on the ground in a big pile of guns and tangled up slings*
    Lol its pretty likely ,Ill give ya that :D

Master of the Universe

ive done a lot of checking and the weapon itself is okay to use with green. green is mainly used on Taiwanese GBBs, such as KWC, KJW, HFC, KWA. the ingram is made by KWA. (well, it says KSC on the box, but they both come from the same factory, just shipped to different markets)

i also doubt a lower powered gas could handle the high cycle rate. i'll give it a go anyway, interesting to see what happens.

Now did the manufacturer say it was ok or did you presume because its "mainly used in Taiwanese GBBs"? Because its even suggested you dont use green in the TM DEagle Hard Kick...and thats hard kick.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

wolfarmouries said it was fine for using with green. (i trust their word. they seem to know what theyre talking about. anyway, if it breaks, i bought it from them.)
    i looked through the manual that came with it (not in english, obviously) and in one of the pictures where they demonstrate how to insert the gas, the can in the picture says "KSC MIGHTY"..i take it mighty would mean high powered gas.
    any message board ive checked where people mention this gun, green gas is the only gas mentioned in relation to it. i have not heard of anyone mentioning breakages using green.
    it would seem like a good idea to actually email KSC themselves. which i will do when i get time. but as i said, if wolf says its okay, its okay by me.

its is made of mostly metal construction, has a full auto fire which cycles through 20 bbs a sec. if any gbb is made for green, i think this is it! :)

next batch of consumeables i order i'll get a can of a lower powered gas thrown in just to see how it handles the automatic fire.

I dont doubt you man, just I dont want you getting that "What the **** did I do that for?" feeling. You know the one where you just f****d over a hundred quid and days of waiting down the jacks?

I hate that feeling!

Master of the Universe

yeah, i know the exact feeling. i got that a couple of weeks ago when i took one of my guns apart and couldnt get it back together. i felt like a right tit :) i have this strange thing about taking stuff apart, modifying it/making it work again. love doing it with my airsoft guns. keep meaning to buy a load of parts and put one together myself. nearly bought a load of marui mp5 pieces on ebay a little while back to give it a go. although i decided not to, as i have absolutely no experience with AEG's. well, not yet anyway ;)

Well after much searching i found somewhere who will deliver the adapter to ireland its $44 delivered which is a bit more than it should be but it doesnt look like airsoft innovations are going 2 be up and running again anytime soon so im going go ahead and order 1 for my inbound beretta *drools*

here ye go
    http://cgi.ebay.com/GREEN-GAS-PROPANE-ADAPTOR-FOR-GAS-AIRSOFT-GUNS_W0QQitemZ180038484591QQihZ008QQcategoryZ71080QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Master of the Universe

nice one!
    only problem though is im not sure if thats version one or two. version one is really difficult to fill a mac mag with. the nozzle is just a bit short., version two fixes that problem.
    hmm
    i might try emailing the guy from airsoft-innovations and asking could i place an order
    (why i didnt think of doing that before i dont know)

I think its up to version 4 now actualy [i might be wrong their] this is the latest one anyway. Those threads on Arnies are very old and i think version 4 was the latest i heard of. I emailed the airsoft-innovations lad aswell and got no reply,lots of people have tried aswell but to no avail.
    Ya might aswell just buy this.

Master of the Universe

yeah i think you're proabaly right. that'll be my next purchase after my famas aeg gear. hopefully ill be ordering that sometime soon. then i'll have to restrict my airsoft purchasing to simply bbs and propane. nothing else expensive!

depending on how much my m8 will be wanting for delivery costs ive spend around e650 :eek: :eek: allready.
    On the plus side alls i need is a gun bag and tigerstripe kit of ehobby and im fairly set
    o yes and somewher 2 play and more people ofcourse :rolleyes:

Ackkk were do you buy propane we've been to tesco aldi lidl and the like and cant find anything other then a huge 60E tank of it :(

• Advertisement

The €60 tank will last you quite a while so its a worthwhile investment. I was lucky with the gunbag thing, my padded laptop bag fits my P90 perfectly and has all the pockets for mags, batteries, etc.

EDIT : Just found this, VERY relevant to this topic.
    http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/reviews/ai_propane_adapter/ai_propane_adapter_review.htm

Advertisement