Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

objecting to planning permission

Options
  • 22-09-2006 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

i was wondering how this is done, cause i'd rather like to object to a house to be built. i've seen on the net that you need to submit €20 euro in order for your complaint to be received, but i don't know much else about the process. has anyone done this before? or have you any ideas of where to start? thx!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Put your objection and reasons in writing and give it to your local planning department with the fee. Make sure you mention on the letter that the fee is enclosed and give the reference number of the application along with details of what the proposal entails. Also, any observations/objections must be submitted within five weeks of receipt of the planning application by the planning authority. After this period, they won't entertain you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

There's a fee to object?

What if you object to paying the fee, does that cost money aswell?

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

There's a fee to object?

What if you object to paying the fee, does that cost money aswell?

:rolleyes:

Everything costs money these days!

Also make sure of the reason behind your objections i.e casue your cat doesnt like it isnt a valid reason!

There are guidlines to what can and cant be objected too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

I'd imagine the fee is to stop people objecting for the sake of objecting (this being Ireland)..

I think the fee is quite small. Personally, I wouldn't mind paying it as it probably means that your objection will be given a bit of weight...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

paulocon wrote:
    I'd imagine the fee is to stop people objecting for the sake of objecting (this being Ireland)..

I think the fee is quite small. Personally, I wouldn't mind paying it as it probably means that your objection will be given a bit of weight...

I think the EU said it was illegally to charge for this and there was some court action been taken over it

Advertisement