Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratched CD repairs

Options
  • 22-09-2006 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

What is the best way to clean, polish or resurface a scratched CD?

I am using a proprietary cleaning solution and polish. The cleaning solution seems to work fine and removes all fingerprints and marks. The polishing step seems like a waste of time - badly scratched CDs still skip. It looks like I could spend from 5 euro to 100 euro, with all kinds of mechanical cleaners, electric disk cleaners, resurfacing sprays etc.

Which ones actually work well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TutuKaka

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've got some badly scratched cds that I'm trying to fix. I've used the JML Disc Clinic which works ok on some cds but the badly scratched ones are still not being read. Is there a better option out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

try gently rubbing some toothpaste into the scratch. Seriously. Wash off in warm water and allow to dry. Toothpaste is slightly abrasive.

Advertisement