Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slaughtered Vomit Dolls

Options
  • 22-09-2006 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

I was attracted to this film by the title alone. Its not something you hear everyday.
    The gruesome tapestry of psychological manifestations of a nineteen year old bulimic runaway stripper-turned prostitute as she descends into a hellish pit of satanic nightmares and hallucinations.

IMDB Entry

Cant say I was overly impressed with this film. Its being marketed as being "so gory it was banned from 2005 film festivals worldwide" and "gorier than cannibal holocaust". Its also a real "arty" kind of feel to the entire film.

The entire film is filmed in a style not badly unlike the Blair witch movies, ie - a series of shots from standard video cameras and home movies thrown together to make up a 77 minute film. For the most part it would seem that the scenes are being filmed by the main carachters punters/pimps/friends.

Its certainly not a film for the weak stomached as there is LOTS of puking done during the course of the film, this is possibly a ploy to cover up the absence of a plot by disgusting the viewer.

THe entire film plays like it should be a short film and if the scenes werent dragged out so much it would have easily fitted into a 1/2 hour timeframe.

The gore is quite well done, but because of the way its fimed it detracts from its impact, although with the candid camea type of filming you sometimes question if this movie is supposed to be a snuff film.

Two particular scenes stand out from the film for me
    A girl gets her arm cut off with a hand saw, afterwards we see the guy who cut it off using the fingers of the severed limb to make himself sick, repeatedly.
    and
    a guy getting the top of his head cut off, the guy who did it then eats the brain and proceeds to vomit it back into the empty skull.

THe scenes stand out not exactly for the gore in them but for the sheer odd-ness of them. Its kind of easy to see that the director is supposed to have a vomiting fetish.

Did anyone else watch this as I would be interested to hear other takes on this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not even heard of it, let alone seen it. Definately on my "to see" list now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

You know I had a feeling you'd be the first to reply to this somehow HavoK.:) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

As you said the title enticed you. Thats why I'm reading this thread and subsequently going to have a look about for it.

I will try and get around to watching it soon as possible - shame that I'd never heard of it, I used to be always anticipating these type of b-movie for yonks prior to release but nowadays it's almost always someone else who brings them to my attention.

Speaking of which, after receiving such vital info from Karl Hungus, I'm off to find "Werewolfs in a Womans Prison".....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Apparently it was banned from a whole bunch of film festivals either this year or last. But no, I havn't seen it either. I've been sceptical about underground horror films ever since watching cannibal holocaust. After believing the hype, it was ****. But I'll give SVD a go anyway. I'm a sucker for a bit o' gore.

• Advertisement

Just a note to all looking for the film so ya'll dont end up dissapointed. When I said there was no plot to the film, i really mean there is NO plot at all. And in a lot of the film the voices are slowed down so its awkward to hear what people are saying. Just to warn ye like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

You had me at the name! :)

Has anyone watched this yet? I should have it by the end of the week but it's been annoying hard to get.

Havok, I hope your not expecting too much !

I eat, sleep and drink B-movies. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Yes I heard of it and about how sick it's supposed to be. Will check it out whenever I get the chance. Could be all hype though.

Advertisement