Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5 Shield monday 9pm

Options
  • 21-09-2006 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

Pity its on TV3 though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

why is that a pity? TV3 never ****ed around with it before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Mossy Monk wrote:
    why is that a pity? TV3 never ****ed around with it before

they have, i remeber them taking a mid season break to show, load of cock island or the fcukwits in the jungle or something of that ilke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nuttzz wrote:
    they have, i remeber them taking a mid season break to show, load of cock island or the fcukwits in the jungle or something of that ilke

Yep, TV3 know that fans of decent shows like the Shield or similar will always come back to catch the rest of the season and are happy to stick reality crap on mid-season.

Anyone know when S6 issues in the 'States?

Nuttzz wrote:

apologies. i forgot about that. it was that that drove me to find other ways of watching. season 5 is excellent by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700002853&messageID=800011475

FX has officially ordered what it is now calling a seventh, and final, season of the cop drama The Shield. Season 6, to air in January 2007, will now last 10 episodes, followed by Season 7's 13 episodes, which will begin unspooling late that year or in early 2008. The entire Shield cast will return for the final 23 episodes, save for Forest Whitaker, who will appear only on a limited basis during Season 6.

i believe its Jan 16th 2007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I never watched this,pity,considering it is supposed to be very good. I might have to get the dvds when I am no longer broke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Any one else noticed that TV3 (as they did for the late night repeat of The Shield season 3 recently) are "stretching" the picture vertically, so it has a really claustrophobic "close up" feel to it and the tops of characters heads are often "chopped off".

At least on NTL Analog anyway. It's probably okay on digital widescreen?

Anyway, I find it damn annoying. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone know if and when season 3 is available on R2 dvd? I`ve been waiting and age for the release.

I would go with the R1 option but all the seasons seem to be in 4:3.

The Shield is filmed all in non-WS format. Anyplace you see it in WS is cropping the image somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wertz wrote:
    The Shield is filmed all in non-WS format. Anyplace you see it in WS is cropping the image somehow.

I`m not sure about that at all.All the deleted scenes on the R1 season set are in 1:78:1 suggesting they were filmed in both formats.

The R2 widescreen picture certainly doesnt look cropped.

• Advertisement

Wertz wrote:

you are incorrect. the region 2 versions of season 1 and 2 are both 16:9 and it most definately isnt cropped

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Mossy Monk wrote:
    you are incorrect. the region 2 versions of season 1 and 2 are both 16:9 and it most definately isnt cropped

I concur.

Fair enough so...having acquired most of the later seasons and watched the first 3 on telly, they were never in WS.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fiddlestick

adox wrote:
    Anyone know if and when season 3 is available on R2 dvd? I`ve been waiting and age for the release.

I would go with the R1 option but all the seasons seem to be in 4:3.

Nope. Neither season three or four released on this side of the pond on dvd.
    get a hack for your dvd player and buy it on amazon.

Did anyone else notice that tv3 cut last nights 90 minute feature length episode into an hour long slot?
    A bloody disgrace. The newspaper blurb read ' vic prepares to send lem over the border and danny confronts the father of her baby'.
    The first bit was shown but not the second.
    Disgraceful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

This show is very good, just watched S1.

Does it stay as good throughout?

yes

Advertisement