Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International bank transfers

Options
  • 21-09-2006 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Tomorrow I will be doing a bank transfer for the first time.
    Basically I will be transferring 110 sterling from my account to his.
    I have his bank account details etc, but is there anything different in transferring money to the UK?
    It will be from an Ulster Bank to a Natwest account. Is it a straight forward procedure?

Thanks for the help guys-Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Fairly straightforward as long as you have the information (IBAN and swift code, name of account holder and branch address) afaik that is all you need, it will be fine. It shouldn't take anymore than a week in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

This is the info I was given, do you think it would suffice?

(all numbers/names changed)
    Bob Bobinson
    12-13-14
    Natwest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

is this a cross ccy transaction or are both accounts in stg

are u doing it online or in a branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Not usually enough, you'll need the IBAN and SWIFT numbers in format:

IBAN: IE64AIBK93006712345678
    SWIFT: AIBKIE2D

The SWIFT codes for banks are standard, that is the AIB one, dunno what the Natwest one is.

The IBAN consists of around 22 aplha-numeric characters (varies, but not much) as above, first 2 are country (IE) second 2 are calculated using sort code and account number (I think) next 4 are bank code (AIBK) then 6 for sort code and 8 for account number.

His bank will either have this information on his statements or they will give it to him over the phone.

Hope this helps!

Although you mention that you are transferring £110, does that mean you're transferring from the north? If so you might not have the same problems and be able to get away with the more basic information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

Thanks guys!
    Got it sorted after getting his IBAN and swift.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement