Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryder Cup live on the Radio

Options
  • 21-09-2006 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Was at the K club yesterday and there was a kiosk with radios on sale for live comentary of the ryder cup. It was for 105fm...never heard of it, did a quick google nothing... is this just a shortwave broadcast or is it available online / on the radio elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Bought one myself. As far as I know its the Sky Sports commentary and I presume just a shaortwave broadcast. Bit like ref link at rugby matches.

It is also live though on RTE Radio 1 MW.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Anyone know where it is online. No radio here. RTE don't seem to broadcast the mw and lw online, only fm. My phone is also fm only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

BBC 5 live have it live online at the moment.

also if you have 3G vodafone you can watch it through their sky tv service.

thanks, listening to it now. Nice to know what is happening on the M25 and with the NHS in their bulletins, but can't complain, good coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

BBC 5 live just died, apparently due to contractual obligations......
    Anyone know any other sites that are streaming audio?

• Advertisement

same here, I tried sporting life, they usually broadcast big events, but don't seem to be doing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KOJAK_1

You can get the broadcast link from the Ryder Cup site

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Cheers Kojak,
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

kippy wrote:
    BBC 5 live just died, apparently due to contractual obligations......
    Anyone know any other sites that are streaming audio?

Got this from another forum (freefootball.org)

USING BBC RADIO FIVE LIVE STREAMS FROM OUTSIDE THE UK

Open up RealPlayer

Click on Tools then Preferences. If Tools is not there, it means your player is shrunken in size, and you need to extend it, or click on the two right facing arrows, next to View.

A new window will open up. On the list on the left, click on Proxy. If you cannot see it, click the Plus icon (+) next to Connection and you will see it. Once Proxy is highlighted, click on Change Settings... in the bottom right of your screen. It must be the lower one, as RealPlayer has it's own web browser installed also, which the top one is for that.

Another window will open up. Under HTTP Proxy, select Use Proxy. This will allow you to enter information in the adjacent boxes.

The two boxes represent the IP address (Internet Protocol) and Port Number. Once you have inputted the IP address and Port Number, when you connect to the internet (this is only with RealPlayer streams only) your PC will virtually think it is where the IP address is located. If the computer with this IP address is located in London, your PC will think it is in London also. Lesson over.

Finding working proxies are not that hard, but occasionally they do switch off, sometimes for a short while, sometimes forever, so the list of proxies will never be correct. The full proxy will be listed as four sets of digits, spaced with a dot (.). After this, there will be a colon (Smile which seperates the Port Number.

Below is the list of proxies...

http://www.samair.ru/proxy

look for UK proxies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cooee

http://www.rydercup.com/2006/europe/
    http://home.skysports.com/

and for €4.50 per day you can watch it online on skysports.com.

i've subscribed and it is skysports coverage - very good stream

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

RTE are broadcasting on Long Wave 252 with good commentary.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

Oh I don't agree with that at all, was forced to listen to the radio coverage on Friday as we had a major power cut, poxy ESB doing sfa about it as well, but RTÉ radio was dreadful, Des Cahill doing the commentary, constantly being shown up as an idiot by Gary Murphy, says of Cink, not the greatest putter, says Murphy he's one of the best on the US tour, says the Europeans have the advantage on length, says Murphy Henry consistently a bigger hitter than either of the Europeans. Cringeable. Some of the predicitions have been really annoying as well, Lawrie in particular, Europe will definitely start off with a win here, US win the hole, Harrington will make this putt, misses it, doesm't seem to know when to shut up, but at least they have some comedy value with that fat Aussie, there's plenty of meat left on this bone. They didn't even have the reaction of Clarke coming onto the first tee and hitting his shot, instead they were arseing about with the second match.

Radio coverage has been bad, probably heightened by my frustration of not bein able to watch it on the tv.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Download and Install TVUPLayer. The game is being shown live on NBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

I think that the radio station can be picked up everywhere, I was picking it up in a friends house yesterday, although we are only about 15 mile from the K Club, so maybe we were just inside the range.

Advertisement