Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teams Announced for Friday!

Options
  • 21-09-2006 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

The first Ryder Cup pairings are announced and it looks like it is going to start with a bang. They are as follows:

Match 1
    (Time 8:00) Padraig Harrington/Colin Montgomerie (EUROPE - Ireland & Scotland) v Tiger Woods/Jim Furyk (USA)

Match 2
    (Time 8:15) Paul Casey/Robert Karlsson (EUROPE - England & Sweden) v Stewart Cink/JJ Henry (USA)

Match 3
    (Time 8:30) Sergio Garcia/Jose Maria Olazabal (EUROPE - Spain & Spain) v David Toms/Brett Wetterich (USA)

Match 4
    (Time 8:45) Darren Clarke/Lee Westwood (EUROPE - Ireland & England) v Phil Mickelson/Chris DiMarco (USA)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 T BONE steak

The first Ryder Cup pairings are announced and it looks like it is going to start with a bang. They are as follows:

Match 1
    (Time 8:00) Padraig Harrington/Colin Montgomerie (EUROPE - Ireland & Scotland) v Tiger Woods/Jim Furyk (USA)

Match 2
    (Time 8:15) Paul Casey/Robert Karlsson (EUROPE - England & Sweden) v Stewart Cink/JJ Henry (USA)

Match 3
    (Time 8:30) Sergio Garcia/Jose Maria Olazabal (EUROPE - Spain & Spain) v David Toms/Brett Wetterich (USA)

Match 4
    (Time 8:45) Darren Clarke/Lee Westwood (EUROPE - Ireland & England) v Phil Mickelson/Chris DiMarco (USA)

These are Kick Ass pairings and match up against United States. I was there at K Club today and I must say the European players were fantastic. 12 European players were divided into groups of four. First group consisted of D. Clarke, L. Westwood, S Garcia and M Olazabal. They played skin game for first nine holes and Darren won it at the end. Briefly saw the American players of Tiger, Phil, Jim and Chris in one group. Certainly, the atmosphere in that group was not as good as the European teams. If what I saw today was anything to go by, I think European team will kick American butt again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Cant wait for that first pairing. Getting there well early to try to secure a seat in the first tee grandstand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I heard a comment from someone who was in sight of Woods when he discovered who he and Jim Furyk were playing and he did'nt look happy.

I think that set of pairings should win 3 and a half-half but hey its golf! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

22/1 on taking a 4-0 lead. I'll have some of that me thinks!

And 11/10 to lead after day one.

bet365

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just stuck er 2 euro on that with ladbrooks 20/1

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement