Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record Player

Options
  • 21-09-2006 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone,

Planning on buying my mate a record player and a couple of vinyl records for her B-day. Any idea where you can get one these days. All thoughts/opinions welcomed.

Nice Wan
    David...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Any DJ store pretty much will sell you a decent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

DJ decks can be a bit big/heavy/expensive/extravagant for your needs..

You can pick up a decent turntable in Peats for less than 150euro. It'll be a name brand and it will serve you well.

You can spend more if you wish. I have a Goldring Lenco turntable. Mine was built in the 70's, but they're still making them. A quick search brought up -http://www.coolgales.com/store/cart.php?target=category&category_id=1

I must say though, when I changed from my Pioneer turntable, to my Goldring one.. I did notice the difference, so if they're an audiophile, you may have to fork out!

Also, something to note, if they're going to plug it into an amp, make sure the amp has a phono input. If it doesn't, then you'll need a turntable with a pre-amp (a lot of turntables have this). If you get one with a pre-amp, don't plug it into the phono input on an amplifier.

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rikfast

Buy her a project tt if you're feeling generous. If not a 2nd hand deck like a pioneer would be a good bet.

What records?

{No pimping. cheers - feylya}

Advertisement