Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sway me!

Options
  • 21-09-2006 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Ok long story short, I have a little cash to burn after the summer and its really time I sorted myself out with both a decent electric (current one is a rather battered Epiphone SG) and a decent amp.

Guitar wise I'd been looking at a couple of the Godins as I've heard nothing but good things about them and I'm liking the idea of synth access (whether I can afford one with SA on top of the amp is another matter but anyway!). Anybody here own one, or have experience playing one?

Playing style wise I'm probably somewhere between Jonny Greenwood and Hammett, so if y'all have think of something better that'd be down my street let us know!

I switch a lot from acoustic to electric so ideally I'm looking for an amp that's versatile enough to sound decent with either guitar type (keep dreaming I know). I just don't think I can afford a dedicated acoustic one as well, so I'm kind of looking for a midway point. I'd been looking at the Vox AD50VT (or possibly the 100 watt, though that'd probably be overkill for the moment!). Any and all recommendations welcome. :)

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies, I'm sure you're sick of these types of threads!

Oh and in terms of budget we'll say ~€2000 to cover both guitar and amp though I could go over a bit if needs be.

Comments

Advertisement