Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk frequencies

Options
  • 21-09-2006 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

HI there

Just wondering if anyone has a definitive list of the nationwide Newstalk FM frequencies... I can't seem to find anything anywhere...!!??

Thanks

Marc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

It seems the northeast is covered by the Mohercrome transmitter on 107.4 Mhz on FM. Does anybody know where it is exactly and what is its power output?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Its between Kingscourt and Bailieboro, what the locals call Loughanlea. No indication of power, but it is on-air, looping test tranmission of whats to expect on the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

No sign of anything on air down here in Cork City on either 107.8 (old CUH frequency) or 107.4 from Mullinganish, which I would expect to be able to pick up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Its between Kingscourt and Bailieboro, what the locals call Loughanlea. No indication of power, but it is on-air, looping test tranmission of whats to expect on the channel.

Thanks for that DMC. Looking at the transmission sites, they seem to be a mix of RTE NL locations (Three Rock, Mullaghanish etc) and other sites. Reception in Dundalk Town seems quite poor on 107.4 FM. Shame they didn't use Clermont Carn for the northeast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Do Newstalk have some regional variations? I was listening earlier and they were talking about some football game on later and it seemed as if they were saying people in the Dublin area will be able to listen to the game.

At a guess, I suppose it could be something to do with getting the rights to these games when they were a Dublin station and not having national rights, so it still needs to be restricted to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't think so. On reception I've found that parts of north/mid Cork has a flakey signal

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Kahless wrote:
    Do Newstalk have some regional variations? I was listening earlier and they were talking about some football game on later and it seemed as if they were saying people in the Dublin area will be able to listen to the game.

At a guess, I suppose it could be something to do with getting the rights to these games when they were a Dublin station and not having national rights, so it still needs to be restricted to Dublin.

Yea Man U - Chelsea was on for the 'Dublin area' ie 106.0

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Interesting - pity they could'nt extend the rights, bearing in mind they arent in competition with any other Irish broadcaster.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I dunno what Newstalk were playing at when they didn't get an extension when they were going national.

• Advertisement
Advertisement