Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 Days of Night

Options
  • 20-09-2006 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

A couple of years ago this graphic novel was recommended to me by my brother, but for some reason I never checked it out.
    Until last year when I heard that Sam Raimi bought up the rights to make a movie adaption, and I became interested again. Still, I never found the graphic novel around the place.

More recently, I saw a 30 Days of Night collection in a comic shop in town which has tempted me. There must be a few graphic novels actually, it's pretty pricey!

Anyway, it's set for release in 2007. As I said, Sam Raimi is producing with David Slade (Hard Candy) directing. The plot is as follows:
    This is the story of an isolated Alaskan town that is plunged into darkness for a month each year when the sun sinks below the horizon. As the last rays of light fade, the town is attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of vampires bent on an uninterrupted orgy of destruction. Only the small town's husband-and-wife Sheriff team stand between the survivors and certain destruction.

Edit: Linky: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389722/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's definetly one of the films I'm most looking forward to, and I think with Raimi and Slade working on it, it should be something special indeed. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There must be a few graphic novels actually, it's pretty pricey!
    There is, but I won't say where I got the following infomation, as the torrent site may not be legal. In all the files are 237MB''s.
    ]30 Days Of Night/30 Days Of Night 01-06
    30 Days of Night - Return to Barrow/Return to Barrow 01-06
    30 Days of Night - Bloodsucker Tales/30 Days of Night - Bloodsucker Tales 01-08
    Filetype icon 30 Days of Night/30 Days Of Night - 2005 Calendar
    Filetype icon 30 Days of Night/30 Days Of Night Annual 2004

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

the_syco wrote:
    There is, but I won't say where I got the following infomation, as the torrent site may not be legal. In all the files are 237MB''s.
    I'm confused, are those the contents of the collection or just various 30 Days of Night things?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There have been several comics in the series, but they're not all about the same characters, mostly having the location and history in common. Check out the Wikipedia page for more info on them.

Thanks for that Fysh, didn't dawn on me to check Wiki.

• Advertisement

Just to drag up the thread again, I got the collection and a 30 Days of Night novel as well. I am officially stoked about this movie :)

It's due to hit theatres in October 2007. Bloody Disgusting posted a movie still online, I attatched it below.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmmm, this looks like it could be very good if they do a proper job of it. Will have to wait and see but the source material is good enough that hopefully it won't undergo the kind of butchery that the Hellblazer series did for the Constantine movie adaptation...

Advertisement