Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen Xantia 1.9tdi

Options
  • 20-09-2006 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Firends;

I am going on Saterday to c this car of Citroen Xantia 1.9tdi of year 1997 and Mileage about 100,000...

I do not know any thing about this Model
    so what do u think about this car?? Is there any special thing I have to ask about?? do u think the spare parts of this car is avaliable and cheap??

any information would be nice

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Scratchface

I have owned a xantia for the last 5 years. It's the 1.8 petrol model, and I have never had any trouble with it. They're a big, comfy car, and the 1.9 deisel was always reckoned to be the one to go for. Ask have the suspension sphears been changed and has the timing belt been replaced. Milage a bit high, but not bad for a deisel. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

Parts are fairly OK - the parts that go often are cheap.

Google and Bookmark GSF car parts.

For anything else, there are plenty of them scrapped and thay don't give an awful lot of trouble anyway. Most diesels are doing up to 20k per year so you won't get anything of that age with less than 100 k. Engine is good for loads more - change the oil regularly with a good semi synthetic

2 annoying finicky plastic things that break - one, what should be 50cent plastic linkage in the height adjuster that will literally let you down on the road, and a similiar one in the clutch linkage that you will need to be a contorsionist to change, but don't worry about them - you'll get over them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

A 9 year old diesel with only 100K on it?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Blue850 wrote:
    A 9 year old diesel with only 100K on it?:rolleyes:

What is this good or bad??:confused:

Is it genuine? Seems a bit low, average diesel does about 18-20k a year.

• Advertisement

it is 100k Mile which about 160k

ok then , average diesel does 28-32k kilometres per year;)

Blue850 wrote:
    ok then , average diesel does 28-32k kilometres per year;)

so it is low; this is good correct??:)

It is supposed that I would go to view the car on Saterday; the Agent said the car is in good condition and there is not NCT but If I would like from them to do that it will cost me 45 Euro

any comments??

Advertisement