Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Checkmate KD-200PC alarm need help

Options
  • 20-09-2006 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi All hope you can help

I have a Checkmate KD-200PC alarm put by the US garage when I bought the car in 2001. I brought it back from the US (Chrysler PT). The car didnt have central locking but I have installed an aftermarket bought on ebay. Works really well but it has it own key fob. Howerver there are two wires that can be connected to the aram so that I can use the alarm fob instead of carrying two fobs.

I have the Checkmate owners manual but there is no wiring diagram. The Checkmate manual states that it can be used for keyless entry.

The alarm box is next to the fuse box (suprise suprise)

Any ideas on how to test the alarm wires (Dont know if its + or - )

Or does anyone have a wiring diagram for Checkmate alarms. I have been hunting around google for a few days without luck.

The US garage are not responding to my requests.

Any help appreciated

If pic are needed I can post

Garyh3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

You have the wiring diagram for the c/l kit? Is there an input on that for the alarm to drive it?

Assuming the alarm can drive a c/l kit, locate any unused wires on the harness of the alarm. Get a multimeter and set it to volts. Ground one probe of the mm. Stick the other probe on spare wires, one at a time while arming and disarming the alarm. By the process of elimination you should be able to find if one of them gives out a +12v signal. If there's no 12v signal it could be negative triggered.

Set the mm to continuity (or resistance). Ground one probe of the mm. Stick the other probe on spare wires, one at a time while arming and disarming the alarm. If the mm shows continuity that's the one.

It is possible, tho unlikely that the alarm "out of the box" won't do central locking. It might simply be unable, or it might need jumpers set etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Thanks JHMEG

I found this, not very clear and its for a Model KD-70s PC I hope that it has the same jumper settings..

Can anyone figure out what it says for the 4th wire down, looks like the word door trigger? and the 9th yellow? wire looks also looks like a door trigger ?

Also jumper 4 looks looks a door trigger setting?

Any help again apprciated

Garyh3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

God bless your eyesight! I can't make anything out of that...

yer its really bad but if you print it out you can get an idea

Garyh3

hopefully a better picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

By looking at that diagram it doesnt look like the alarm has c/l control.The 4the wire down door trigger is simply to set the alarm off if a doors open,the other door trigger i cant really see but its possible that the green(4th) is for - door trigger and the yellow for + door trigger

I cant make out the writing even with glasses and zoom!

See where it says plug 1234 on the side of the alarm,on the alarm itself is there any loom coming from these plugs?Its possible there are trigger wires for c/l but no onboard relays but it can still be wired via external ones

Thanks eireal

I have been given the number of the US company who makes the damm alarm. I will ask them from the proper wiring dirgram from my alarm. I will post if I get anything. (The diagram I posted was for a 3 channel where mine is a 4 channel and the manual states that it does keyless entry)

Fingers crossed

Garyh3

Ok Called the NY Company Karning Devices who make the Checkmate products but dont advertise in anyway not ever on the web.
    Telephone number is 001 516 747 4265 (If you have a checkmate alarm)

Ok the Teck guy says that it the white two plug on the side of the module that is the triggers up and down.

So my question for anyone out there.

My aftermarket central locking works already using a seperate keyfob, it has the power and ground + the two extra wires in the loom for a trigger for an alarm. Now do I need anything else or do I just solder/connect the two wires from my locking module to the alarm plug or am I missing something?

Again thanks for any help

Garyh3

Advertisement