Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you want it to finish?

Options
  • 20-09-2006 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

With SG-1 cancelled, how would you like to see it go out?

i.e. would you like to see it rushed to a finish / or just killed off?

Personally I would like to see it finish on a cliffhanger, impending doom as always, so that one day it can be picked up again.

What do the folks here think, how would you like to see it go out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Have Jack come back and we find out the last two series were all a dream he had after 2 days pleasuring carter.

But seriously would like it left someway open to films or spinoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

I'm guessing it will get a rather ambiguous ending. They will somewhat wrap things up in case they don't get to take it any further, however since it seems they have every intention of trying to take it further they will leave us with questions. Something like defeating the ori, celebrating and then just before the end sequence a shot of one of the fallen ori soldiers giving the camera shifty eyes before chuckling menacingly and ascending.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I really liked "Moebius" ending where they all ended up fishing - so something along those lines.

Plot wise, I'd like to see the Ori threat dealt with - and not in the fashion of McGarnigle. I envision more maybe the Ori and Ancients battling it out and the victor being uncertain.

I don't anticipate any major character deaths except, perhaps Davis (but that'd be more for any movie).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i would like to see the ori taken out for definate no mabes or crap like that

there is still other enemys or possible enemys

1.Wraith
    2.Lucian Alliance
    3.Baal
    4.Jafa
    5.Asurans
    6.Furlings
    7.Remember 3 seasons ago the promethus was attacked by a unknown ship and forced into a nebula with only carter left on board? they seemed advaned enough we never did fund out who they where
    8.Remeber 5 seasons ago when SG1 destroyed apophis fleet and the supernova forced there ship to a distant galaxy? remember the ship that attacked them the replicator controlled ship? unknown design mabe another new enemy
    9.Remember last season when i think it was heindall said that thor is in a neerby galaxy dealing with a most sensative matter? mabe a mew enemy there the last time the asguard said that it was the replicators i wonder what it will be this time
    10 Apophis - (you can always hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Zombie Apophis takes control of the Galaxy with his zombie army. For great justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

ixoy wrote:
    I really liked "Moebius" ending where they all ended up fishing - so something along those lines.
    True, but keep in mind that was just a different version of the Threads ending...which, in my opinion wa far more suited.
    Although, fat chance we'll get something like that now, unless the show goes on for a few more years.

Ideally I would like to see the Ori story arc continued through Atlantis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Wouldnt like them to entirely wipe out the ori, perhaps kill all the ships currently in our galaxy, but leaving the Ori themselves unharmed, and still having their influence throughout the galaxy, would also like them to extend to Lucian Alliance plot line, theres potential there which they havent fully realised yet. Baal could also have some more episodes, unfortunately most of the ones he's been in of late havent been too great, they really need to put their heads together for a few Baal episodes, as hes such a great badguy.

Remember SG-1 isnt entirely over, Sci-Fi just pulled out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah, they really destroyed Ba'al in season 9.
    Paritcularly in his admitance that the Goa'uld were fully aware that they were not gods, and admittaly 'took it too far'.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Hi all - actually why not scrap it ASAP and go to movie every 2/3 years? You could make SG1 totally EPIC!!!! And i firmly believe that their strongest episdoes (some of the Ori stuff included) in film format could MORE than equal any of the star trek crap films that have been offered to us suffering fans!!

Bring on EPIC films!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I love the show...but seriously, how much more can SG-1 do?!

I suppose I'd like it to end just as we see Carter and Daniel hosting the Press Conference that tells the mass-public about the Stargate Network...obviously brought on by some huge apocalyptic...thing...that they SO cannot cover up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Interesting idia overheal - Ye some or mabe some chesy scene where the camera pans out from shian mountain also the airforce announced there closing odwn the place to increase funding for Irak

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Let me think about that:

no :)

Advertisement