Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building House

Options
  • 20-09-2006 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I am hoping to build a new house where an existing house stands at present. Will I have to apply for permission to knock down the old house? Then apply for permission to build? Is that correct, one builder the other day told me that this is the procedure.

Is there anything else I need to know?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Tsar wrote:
    I am hoping to build a new house where an existing house stands at present. Will I have to apply for permission to knock down the old house? Then apply for permission to build? Is that correct, one builder the other day told me that this is the procedure.

Is there anything else I need to know?

I think you would only have to submit one planning application which would detail the knocking down of one house and the builiding of another.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭muffler

As kearnsr said it can be incorporated in the one application.

If the house is completely derelict you wont have to include this as part of the application but if it is deemed either habitable or capable of being rendered habitable then you will need permission to demolish it.

The only difference it makes to a planning application is that there is an additional fee of €80 to be paid for demolition of a house (no plans needed for this though)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

muffler wrote:

no plans needed for this though

Unless its a protected structure in which case you would have to submit detailed plans and provided a visual inspect report so that their is a record of the dwelling.

You'd also have to make a very strong argument to demolish it

Advertisement